Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Beautiful snow @Bfam85 Thank you for your encouragement. ❤️ I pushed back OS appointment, as pain seems muscle related and I need another X-ray like a hole in my head. Changing everything up this week and have gotten some relief. Cranky thigh muscles are currently showing themselves as culprit.

Hope you are well and enjoyed your weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Hipster Friends,

Just checking in to say have not had leg seizing pain in a few days. Have returned to massage, heat, and elevating legs before sleep. Not completely gone, but able to walk out the pain apron rising. My OS is not the encouraging sort, so I have pushed back appointment to see if this goes away.

Our daughter will be home tonight! Very much looking forward to time with family. Cheers to all my US friends. Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration. Despite the length of this recovery I know I have much to be grateful for. BoneSmart is one of the bright spots to be sure.

:wave: Sweet Sarah

Just want to wish you and your family a peaceful Thanksgiving and hope you don't do too much preparations ... NO ODIC, ya'hear?

Thanksgiving.jpeg Izzy xx

@Fit4Family So glad to hear that things are subsiding and just in time for Thanksgiving and family....I still have days where I say I'm going to go for a massage and hopefully she can work things out for me, and before I make the call, the ache or pain goes away. I still say that time is the best healer. Be well xox

Lovely update, dear Sarah :yes:
I'm happy to hear your pain is easing and it makes sense to back off your appointment since you're experiencing relief. I hope it's soon history.

Wishing you the best of times as your daughter returns home for the holiday. Many blessings to you and yours...have a Happy Thanksgiving!
@Fit4Family

Yay for feeling better, @Fit4Family, especially with your daughter returning home and being able to spend the holiday with your family. I hope you're not having to do an entire dinner yourself and are able to have a relaxing, pain free day of laughing and eating. So glad the difficult pain has eased up for now, may that continue going forward. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you all for your wonderful, encouraging messages. Bfam85, Izabel, Mojo333, Layla, Hoppy Nammy, BarbaraJ

My heart is full reading all your messages today. Put off thinking about my hip until yesterday. Have decided to keep OS appointment tomorrow just to find out if all is as it should be. Will check on each of you today. Had a fun visit with our daughter and lovely celebrations with family. I did cook the whole meal, but suffered no ill effects except a little weight gain. Lol.

Well, at the end of the day, @Fit4Family, that nagging concern that something isn't going right with your hip will be addressed. They may find nothing wrong except soft tissues healing too slowly and maybe tweaking a bit, in which case you'll just need to summon up even more patience and understand that this dang recovery is just a slow slog. On the other hand, the doctor may identify a problem with a solution which will improve things. Either way, I think you are smart to keep the appointment--it really can't hurt. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving, especially wonderful when you can celebrate with your family. And, pooh--a little weight will slough right off with a bit of determination on your part. Hang in there, and good luck at today's appointment.

Thank you Barbaraj Agree it’s time for answers, as much as I may not like them.

I have been brushed off one too many times by my OS. I have detailed lists for tomorrow and plan to try to replicate the pain I’m experiencing. Bringing along my husband who is probably not going to help but can at least make the journey easier. He’s so easy going. Hates to ruffle feathers.❤ I am way past that now.

Fit4Family, Glad to hear you're bringing a detailed list. Sometimes I just glaze over after my first question and the OS takes over and I leave no more informed than when I first walked in to the examination room! I do hope that it turns out to just be a slower recovery and nothing else. We all are cheering for you!

Best wishes for your appointment tomorrow.
Will be thinking of you with hopes you find the visit enlightening. Another set of ears, in hubby's, to help take it all in is a good idea since these appointments can feel hurried at times making it easy to lose concentration.
Let us know how it goes.
@Fit4Family

@Fit4Family Bringing a detailed list to an appointment is the only solution that worked for me. Otherwise I’d forget to ask something important or fail to stress a huge concern I had. Even when my doctor doesn’t rush me I always feel rushed. I kept a list in Notes on my iPhone so whenever or wherever I thought of something to add I could do it easily and before I forgot!

I like the idea of replicating the pain you’re experiencing. Be as graphic as you can. Explain what you can’t do and when it bothers you. Even just minimally and not at its most severe.

Best wishes for tomorrow and I’m hoping you get some answers.

Hello All,

Sadly, I am headed to a revision surgery. The stem is completely loose and has shifted positions. I am scheduled to see Dr. William Peterson with OrthoVirginia Monday, no idea what time frame I am looking at. Devastated of course. Prayers and any thoughts welcome. Cup appears to be in good position, stem was not cemented so my current OS says it should be easy to remove.

Thank you to all of you for your support. xx ❤

Last edited:
Oh, noooo! Just catching up here hipster friend. My heart is breaking for you! As I was reading I was really hoping they would say oh, it’s “just” some tendinitis and fix it like they did for me. Even though it was more surgery it was not a big deal. Originally they wanted to do a revision and I was okay with that because like, you, I was just done with it all. But then I had another choice but you don’t!!! :gaah:I still can’t believe it! So glad you kept your appointment. Oh, please keep us posted. Sending prayers and love your way. Pat

Hi there Pat, @Hip4life I just saw you pop up somewhere else and was happy to read your release was providing relief. Appreciate your kind words. I am shell shocked and of course looking in my rear mirror and realizing it all has to be done again. My poor husband has barely said anything. Left for Costco. Bless him, he is road weary too. Anyway, hope you continue to see progress and can get on with living soon. Take care. ❤️

@Fit4Family Have been catching up on you. Adding my good wishes and prayers for answers tomorrow. :console2:

Hi sweet friend @SarahBee Hope you are well and enjoying getting ready for the holidays. Thank you for your encouraging words. Made me smile to see you here.

Sadly heading for a third surgery. Not sure when. Hoping before the end of the year for insurance purposes. Will keep you posted here. Reading up on the procedure so I know what to ask Monday. xxxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back