Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

:wave: Sweet Sarah

Just to say I agree with @CricketHip regarding the breathing for lymph movement. I have been practising this almost every morning for some time. I take a deep breath, hold for ten seconds then ease the breath out slowly through a slightly open mouth. I do it ten times, sometimes sitting up through the day.

Sending you hugs for a relaxing day.

Hugs Flowers.jpeg Izzy xx

Good morning, @Fit4Family It's a new week and I hope you had a good weekend of rest and relaxation and are feeling like you can tackle the next few days with some confidence. And love the comment about focusing on what you CAN do rather than the remaining deficits. You know that eventually all this will get sorted out and your job is to accept, keep moving slowly forward and believe in your own body and spirit. You can do this. Happy Monday!

Hello Sarah,
It's great to read you're feeling less blue. I pray it continues. Getting out and enjoying time with friends is not only a great distraction but connecting, engaging and creating new memories with those you hold dear redirects our focus, eases loneliness and releases that happiness or feel good hormone, Oxytocin. All positive! I don't know about you but when I meet with my group of girlfriends in a public place we can really get into some serious laughing at times drawing stares and even comments from others jokingly asking if they can join us. :heehee: It's great you took that time for yourself and agreed no Hip talk allowed. I'm sure it felt healing and re-energized you for the journey. I hope with rest, slow forward motion and time, you'll continue to make progress. We'll be following along and cheering you on the entire way. :yes!: Wishing you a wonderful week! :SUNsmile:
@Fit4Family

Such a lot on your plate. At least there is a good PT. For me it was the only person who counted and knew me(professional) in my life.
Wonderful advice and tips from CricketHips for lymphatic drainage.Gonna use them myself.
The social aspect seems to have helped you a lot and nothing like good friends a meal to lift the spirits.
And it must feel good not to talk about hips and of course a very sage attitude of focusing on what we can do--gotta remember that myself.

Hello Hipster Friends,

Just saying hello. Progress is slow, but I have been getting out daily just to do something besides work daily. Breathing is helping @CricketHip and @Izabel It is very relaxing. Find I easily fall asleep after doing it for a few minutes. Have started charting my exercise as PT thinks I am doing too much and need to just be consistent not ever pushing forward. Weather is cooling a tad, so helps make walking more appealing. We desperately need rain. Yard is toast.

Hoping you get out and about this week @mikeycat It does help clear the cob webs. Hope you have a great week too @Barbaraj Hoping sunshine has found its way to the PNW.

Hi @Layla Never knew there was a chemical reaction to socializing. Very interesting. Yes, we laugh a lot and generally let go of daily worries. My walking buddies stopped by yesterday after their 5 mile walk. We used to all walk together and solve all the worlds problems while getting out. Hoping I can join them eventually. They are very fast walkers so maybe by Spring. Hope you have a wonderful week. ❤️

Have started charting my exercise as PT thinks I am doing too much and need to just be consistent not ever pushing forward.

Interesting, right? And insightful. Hopefully your tracking reveals whether you're overdoing it and if so, scaling back brings positive results.

Slow progress is better than no progress so I'm happy to read you're making some headway. It sounds like the breathing tips are very relaxing for you. One more helpful tool to use.

I'll bet you enjoyed visiting with your old walking buddies. Hopefully you'll be joining them again soon.
Sending love, hugs and wishes for a wonderful Wednesday!

Hi, there, @Fit4Family There is a bit of sunshine out there today, which is very nice. Wish the temperatures would nudge their way a bit higher but trying not to be greedy! I agree that dialing back the activity while still trying to do something daily has real benefits, both physically AND, almost more importantly, emotionally. Laughing and chatting with friends is a lovely thing to do and always makes me come away appreciating my good life (even if hip is a bit cranky). Cheers, and happy hump day!

Dropping by to say :hi: @Fit4Family
I hope you're doing well and have a nice day on tap weather wise for you. :SUNsmile:
We've had the craziest weather in my neck of the woods...85F sunny and humid yesterday until strong storms heralded in the current cloudy sky and temp of 54F which I'll happily take over the sauna of yesterday.

Wishing you comfort and all things good this week! :wink:

Hello Hipster Friends,

Have been waiting for the same cool down @Layla It will be 96 here today and humid. Looks like cooler for the weekend. Hope you are having a great week. I have been doing ok. Trying to fit in as many none hip medical appointments as possible as my insurance deductible was met and it’s October already! My favorite time of year. Thank you so much for your thoughtful notes! ❤️

Hi @Barbaraj and @SurreyGirl My walking buddies are going to join me some days. We are waiting for the big cool down. It’s been too much for me. I am excited to get out in the yard too and get after our trees and shrubs. Hope you are both doing well!

Hi @Hoppy Nanny That’s a new one! “weather is pants” I love all your sayings! Weather here is soup! Not the good kind like you are making in your kitchen. Lol. xxxx ❤️

Tomorrow is the one year Anniversary of my hip pinning. :shocked: Crazy year! Have not been assistance free for an entire year. Trying to reframe it in my mind as it’s all water under the bridge until the THR in March. I’ve decided that since hips can take 1 year to heal, I have lots of healing left at the half way point. Can’t change it so learning to live with it. Hope everyone is progressing nicely and staying out of the ODIC. Hugs! Sarah

@Fit4Family I really love your upbeat and positivity. It is rather nice, isn't it? Some things are different and It's letting my brain work hard and it needs that! But so far it looks pretty nice.

We are getting the heat wave too.. so muggy. It seems to be affecting the leaves, too. Not many pretty colors so far. We are in a drought, on top of it.
Hopefully you can do some easy walking soon. I go out at night with our dog but he walks soooo slowly. But Im still out, and I guess that counts. Have a great day!

96 degrees, @Fit4Family? That sounds perfectly dreadful and I can see why you're putting off walks until things cool down. I'd be a melting puddle if I had to go out for a trot in that heat. You are being very sensible and I hope that temperatures drop soon (it is October, after all!) so you can get out for a slow but comfortable walk very soon. And I think your attitude is great--sure, you're not 100% yet and have a way to go. But your hip has had a lot of work, a lot of stress to deal with, and recovery will come but it's probably, or so it seems, going to take longer than others. But, it's not a race so you just keep on doing what you're doing--2020 lies ahead and I'm hoping things will be improving for you (although I'm sure at time it must feel like recovering is like swimming through molasses--so slow). Hang in there, and happy hump day!

Hello and Happy Wednesday!
We got the cool down here! Brrr...it's cold at 50F and rainy today.
I don't want it to be this cold, this soon. I want a little Fall in my life! :tantrum:

Your idea of adjusting the timeline beginning with your March 20th THR is wise. It's realistic and hopefully takes some pressure off. It also allows you much more time to continue healing and making progress, which you are. You'll get there slowly but surely. I'd imagine you'll be feeling better by the holidays and you'll be golden in the new year! Prayers for comfort, patience and steady progress.
@Fit4Family

Thank you all for your encouragement! @Layla @CricketHip @Barbaraj

Just got back from PT, wonderful massage with a pep talk on the side. Sadly we still have heat :yes: , but the cooler weather is coming. I think we’re going to have a low color Fall too. Maybe it will surprise us, but with drought seems like some are just tuning brown. I have lots to do in the yard. We usually have warm weather through early December so I have time on my side. Our daughter will be home next weekend for her Fall Break. I’ve really missed her so looking forward to a couple of girly days while she is home with us.

All of my strength building home exercise has been tabled for a bit. Tendonitis just won’t have any if it, so I’m focusing on walking and stretching only. Also following @Izabel lead and focusing on improving balance.

Happy October friends! :mooncat:

:friends:Hi there hipster sis,

I’m loving your new acceptance mode and am sure that March will find you much improved & moving along nicely.... you are such an inspiration Sarah for overcoming adversity.... you have helped so many on this site with such motivation.... me included :yes!: You and Izzy @Izabel too! Walking & stretching is all that’s required at the moment.

Loving the sound of Fall (Autumn as we call it) in VA.... we’ve descended into a very wet Autumn straight away... yuck!! Hoping it will be better next week so I can get out after my op.

Enjoy the time with your lovely daughter.... special times .... my Granddaughter is visiting during the Half Term... week after my op... she says she’s going to look after me! This I’ve got to see .... hee hee.... !

Take care Sarah & keep up the good work... you are doing amazing!!!

love Chrissie xx

Ouch, I've never had tendonitis, @Fit4Family, but it does sound painful and I'm sure it puts a crimp in your exercising. But focusing on walking and stretching means you're not a slouch and I'm betting in time the tendonitis will ease and things will be moving ahead more easily. Sorry to hear about your heat, although sure wish we could "split the difference" so you get cooler weather and we'd warm up a bit. It is definitely fall, with temperatures slunk into the high 50's but, boy, sure would love some warmer short sleeve days before the winter gloom settles in. Right now I'm sure you're excited about your daughter's return this coming weekend--sounds like a lovely idea, "girly days". I miss those!

Hey there @Hoppy Nanny
Thank you for spreading so much cheer my way Chrissie! Hope your granddaughter surprises you with lots of tender love and care next week. I have my fingers crossed that it will be a smooth, easy recovery for you and we will both have our dancing shoes on in no time!

Hope the clouds give way to some sunshine this week! :loveshwr: xxxxx Sarah

Hello @Barbaraj Like your thinking on splitting the difference. I will take rain any way we can get it. Hope you get out and enjoy your weekend. Looking forward to some “sweater weather” here, as we call it. Cheers for the weekend! :martini:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back