Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Those bleachers are so uncomfortable! Hard, cold, no back support. One of those stadium chairs should be helpful, even though I've never used one, anything with some cushion or back support would be a welcome relief.

I hope your son's wrist is okay, nothing serious enough to cause him to sit out the season.
I'm sure your leg buckling was a little surprising, thankfully it didn't result in a fall. I'd assume there's strengthening happening as you mentioned you're standing longer without discomfort. Hopefully you'll be feeling even strong by your appointment in the 10th and feel encouraged and reassured by your visit.
Keep hanging in there you're doing well!
@Fit4Family

Good morning!! I hope let night wasn't too long of a night and wondering how your son is faring?
I agree with the others the it's most likely weak muscles that have forgotten their duties.. startling though, isn't it?

:wave: my sweet Sarah.

I am pleased you got your daughter safely ensconced at Uni. My you were a brave girl taking on that journey! I certainly could not have endured such. I hope your son is recovering from his injury.

All of this activity would have put a toll on you and you are still vulnerable. Now it is time for you to relax and look after Number One.
Sending Hugs Teddy.jpeg and Flowers 1.jpeg to a special friend.

Heart of Flowers.jpeg Izzy xx

Hello @Barbaraj Glad your hubby went along with you on leaving baseball game early. It wasn’t sore so much while sitting, but when I stood up I knew I should not sit back down. Very tight thighs and a very cranky knee. Appreciate your encouragement. I have my doubts some days that I am progressing. Weekly focus helps with that as daily it ebbs and flows. Hope you had a great appointment!

Hello @CricketHip

Thank you for the reassurance on the leg buckle. It hasn’t happened again, so I think it was just muscle weakness. Pretty scary. Our son is ok, just strained. I got him a wrist guard and buddy wrap his finger. He seemed better last night. Thank you for asking. Hope you are having a great week. Sending healing wishes.

Hello @bickypeg

I do still use a cane. Far too wobbly without it just yet. I have not given it up since my surgery. The last weekend made my legs very tight and sore, so I am less mobile than I was before I left. Good news, no other long trip plans for a long time, so I know how to get back to where I was. I’m sticking with cane as long as I have a waddle. May be some time. Hope you are having a good week!

Hello sweet @Layla

I really appreciate your wisdom on the buckling. My PT was fairly certain I exhausted my legs with the weekend. She massaged it all and hit key muscles with laser. A bit less sore this morning so I plan to walk a few times today to start easing back. Our son is ok. Just a strain or sprain. He’s much better already. Hope you are having a wonderful week! ❤️

Hello Chrissie and Izzy, @Izabel @Hoppy Nanny

Thank you for your encouragement! I do think healing is happening. Endurance standing is my most encouraging sign at present. Probably set myself back a few days with Uni move but that’s what Moms do. ;) I could not imagine not being there. The peace of mind for seeing her settled was worth the temporary stiffness.

Sending xxxxxxxxx ❤️

Glad to hear your son's injury wasn't too bad, @Fit4Family and hope he'll recover quickly--these youngsters, they do heal so much faster, don't they? I think your approach to the leg buckling incident is a smart one--back up somewhat, keep using that cane and focus on small incremental improvements going forward. Slow and steady will win this tedious race. Hang in there!

Last edited:
Boy, you have had a couple of busy----more like exhausting, weeks, filled with lots of activity and emotions. I wasn't surprised to hear that you had a bit of buckling, or weakness. I also had a couple episodes around 4-5 months, and it scared me to death, because the buckling was one of the things that made me go to the doctor originally before my hip was diagnosed. And after having the hip replaced, I had visions of falling and having to have it done all over again.:yikes: It was around Thanksgiving and Christmas and I think I just was too busy, having lots of fun, but also very tired, without realizing it. Once January hit, and things slowed down, no more buckling, and it hasn't happened since. Things like taking kids to college and supporting our kids at events----those are all important parts of our life, and I'm so happy for you that you are feeling well enough in general to do them. So try not to worry, and just keep on playing it safe, but ALSO enjoying your life. Our time with our kids is precious. :loveshwr:

One more comment....even now, after I sit for a long time, my back and bottom get sore, and I have to stabilize a bit before charging off. I was commenting on this when I was with a group of friends and they all started laughing. Basically their reaction was due to the fact that not one of them has had their hip replaced, and yet they all struggle with the same thing. It was a good reminder to me, that some of the things I am experiencing may be related to other parts of my body, or natural wear and tear/aging. Kind of made me feel reassured, in a funny way----the hip is good, and should stay healthy for years to come!

Good Morning Friend.jpeg Special Sweet Sarah ... hoping you are having a restful holiday weekend without too much stress and that the weather is being kind.

Take care of yourself.

Flower Tiny Fairy.jpeg Izzy xx

Hello. Enjoyed catching up on your thread! I find it comforting that we can still share our challenges and solutions even when we are a ways out in our recovery. We’re some of the few that still understand that challenges can still happen at this point in our recovery. I’m glad that you are getting back to life, as am I, but again, it’s a new normal as our bodies still react in different ways than before and we’re not quite prepared. I pulled inner thigh muscles a couple of weeks ago when they were fatigued. Surprised the heck out of me. The cortisone injection I received 10 days ago for my iliopsoas tendinitis has helped immensely. I had talked to the OS about it at my 6 week follow up but he wanted to give it time to settle on its own. I think giving it 5 months was long enough as did he, obviously. So hopefully, you will get that resolved/healed as well. Glad you’re kids are doing well. We’ll just keep plugging along, right? It’s nice knowing the really hard hip stuff is over. Sending love and blessings. ❤️

:hi:
It's nice you're noticing progress, namely the ability to comfortably stand for longer periods.
With any luck you've recovered from the set-back of getting your daughter settled in at school. I agree that the temporary stiffness would be worth the peace of mind to see her comfortable in her new space.
I hope you're enjoying the holiday....sending best wishes for a good week!
@Fit4Family

Hi Sarah @Fit4Family

Just checking in to see how you are... hoping your pain is getting better...your son is getting better & your daughter is settling into her new home...

Sending much love .. Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all!

I have been away on holiday with a family reunion. Really did pretty well considering it was a huge resort hotel and situated on a steep hill. I did lots and lots of walking. With cane still. Wabble without, so sticking with it for now. Only real issues I had was low, uncomfortable seating. We were celebrating my father in laws 80th, so lots of sitting and eating. I just got up a lot and walked around.

No update yet from my OS, was rescheduled to next Tuesday the 17th. Hoping he can provide more information about my knee and slow recovery time table. I have been walking daily and still seeing PT twice a week for deep tissue massage and laser. My surgery area is starting to respond with better muscle tone and nerve sensation. Will try to catch up here this week. Got very behind with work and life so have had my head down working. :SUNsmile: Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Last edited:
Hello @Debru4

So nice to hear from you. Appreciate the reminder that not all pain is related to our hip surgery. In my case, it is surgery related, as I have never completely healed. Do see encouraging signs that my body isn’t asleep at the wheel and is still working on mending things where I can’t see the changes. I am grateful for being able to do most of what I missed last year. I am busy with sons football season. It is a lot more involved this year as he’s in high school. I have not had another buckling incident, like you I was very scared. I am looking forward to some reassurance from OS next week about tendonitis and just generally how he thinks I am doing. Hope you are having a wonderful Fall! ❤️

Last edited:
Hello sweet Izzy @Izabel Thank you for stopping by. Well check on you and your thread. Need to know what you’ve been up to. Hope all is well!

Hi Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny Hope your sister is doing well. Need to catch up here. I think she already had her surgery. Wishing you a great week. xxxxxx ❤️

Hello @Layla

Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Thank you for your encouragement!!

It’s so nice to be seeing a tad cooler weather here. Lots of yard work is calling my name. I hope all is well with you. :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member