Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Thanks Sarah.... may try the rub in oil for my knee...will chat to consultant when I see him on a Thursday...

Hoping you have a good week darling.. love Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep hmm-haaing about CBD oil, maybe I will try for my knees.

Sending you hugs and love for a peaceful week.

fairy kisses.jpeg Izzy xx

Good morning, @Fit4Family, I hope you're waking up to a pleasant day ahead, having had a good weekend and now it's the start of a new week, one more down on the hip recovery trail. I have to add that, yes, despite the fact that all of our kids were major pills right before they left for college, they were certainly more grateful about all the comforts of home (small dorm rooms with a roommate, food that they weren't used to, nobody doing their laundry or changing sheets, etc.) when they all came home for Christmas that first year, with a new appreciation of the parental units and the glories of home!

Hello @Barbaraj

There is no place like home! It’s wonderful when they figure out their parental units aren’t so bad after all. Lol.
Monday is shaping up pretty good. Had another deep tissue massage. Sure wish I could swing daily. Leg feels so much better, not locking up at moment. Just catching up here. Hope you have a wonderful week.

I am amazed that a massage works, @Fit4Family. I am not doubting you, but when I think about someone touching my leg right now, not to mention deep tissue touching, I immediately seize up at the thought and mentally yell "no way". But if it is working for you, making you feel so much better, then that's great. I've never been a "massage person". I've had a few, mostly at big hotels where I've been staying on a business trip with my husband and, bored witless while he's in meetings, I've signed up for a massage. They haven't been awful, but I don't feel as if I feel any better when they're done, and the "woo woo" music they play in the spas makes me nuts! I do, however, adore facials and would gladly, budget and timing permitted, have one of those every day! But facials don't do much for hips, do they? Oh, well, glad your massages are bringing you such relief.

@Barbaraj Hello! They are not anything like a hotel massage. No music. ;) It’s a medical massage. Only on the lower thigh and outer knee. Hip incision is all healed, but that isn’t where muscles knot up. It’s lower on my leg. I’m not sure if the results are lasting. As my leg still is very tight down there. Having some luck with heat and stretches. So we will see.

Moderator request. Could you please change thread title?

Fit4Family’s recovery thread.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Good morning, @Fit4Family I am sure the massages you are getting are far different than the ones I've gotten. I've never had a medical massage done but right now it's not something I think I'd welcome. My left thigh does feel tight, like someone inserted a log inside which aches and pulls, but no way would I want anyone touching this area. I know with time it will all loosen up as it did with hip #1 so, as I'm very much aware, it's just a matter of time and, like all recovering hipsters, patience is always a struggle. Have a great day!

Hi @Fit4Family
Your thread title request will be processed soon.

It's good to read that you're benefiting from the deep tissue massage. Hopefully you're able to continue since you're gaining comfort through massage, heat and stretches. It's been a journey for you but never seems to dampen your sweet spirit. Hang in there, you'll get there and we'll be with you every step of the way.
Big hugs and wishes for a peaceful day!

Thank you so much @Layla Big hugs to you as well! ❤️
So very grateful for all of your encouragement here. Means so much. You have all
been so helpful and I will never be able to thank you enough.
I’m taking a break from forum for a bit. Having trouble remaining upbeat.

Will be back. Wishing everyone a wonderful August!

@Fit4Family Please don't feel you need to be "upbeat" all the time - especially here on the forum. We totally understand the ups and downs of this journey. And for some it is longer. I hope you will stick with us - we are here for you!

Aww, we'll certainly miss you! Prayers for your comfort, complete healing and peace of mind. We'll be here whenever you need us, day or night. Lights never go out here as you know.
Big hugs!
@Fit4Family

@Fit4Family I hope things improve with time. I know I'm only starting my 11th week, but I have some issues that are not resolving and have felt like, wow, just can't chat on Bonesmart today. Take care and don't feel like you have to keep posting when you need some time away.
♥️♥️♥️♥️

Thinking of you my darling ... hope to hear from you with an update when you feel able.

Just know that all of us here are sending you much love & willing your recovery upwards only..

Love & hugs Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]

We always say, do not compare recoveries..as all have different bodies. Different circumstances like yours that lead to replacement...
But we all do it to an extent and I hope that taking a bit of a break gives you a reprieve from " all things hip"
Please know we are thinking of you and please check back in as we will be missing you, bfam.

Sending positive vibes your way, @Fit4Family Hope things start to look up soon, and you'll be back on the forum with a cheerful post. You've been so encouraging and kind to others, you deserve to show some kindness to yourself. Hang in there, and wishing you all the best.

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words. @mojo @Layla @Jaycey and all my hipster friends. Monday I have to figure out where to turn. Have been gently waking, stretching, icing for 5 weeks since my injury.

I really am lost with what to do next. My next OS appointment is in September. My current situation is a painful gait with pain on outside of knee. I feel the Gluteous minimus tendonitis is a bit better. Can lift leg up in front and rotate to turn outward. What confuses me is how my knee is so messed up. X-ray shows no arthritis. Knee feels out of alignment. Made an appointment with PT for Tuesday to see if she has any idea what is going on. Will not be exercising there!! Still have hip MRI order, but can’t see point as pain is lower.

Hope everyone is progressing well. Sending healing thoughts.

Last edited:
Poor @Fit4Family I am so sorry you are going through this.Of course you feel desperate. You've been in the wars and it's been grim and so unfair. I should get your OS appointment brought forward if you can. He's the expert after all and I'm sure he'll have seen it all before. He'll be anxious that his work has a good outcome. I'm sure your GP is right and it's soft tissue , tendons etc. More massage and icing and forget the stretching for now? And anti inflammatories work much better than Tylenol/paracetamol I find. It is still very early days in any case following your THR. Don't be sad.:console2:

Thank you @bickypeg Appreciate your thoughts so much.❤️ Yes, considering trying anti-inflammatory drugs again. Reacted but I am desperate. Have been pool walking every other day. Walking very slowly and no more than 30 minutes. Crazy idea I’m trying today is added an insert to right shoe. When my surgery was first done LLD was dramatic. Eased up in first month. Operated leg seemed substantially longer. Seeing if small lift helps outer knee. I am worried all this grinding on my knee is going to wear down the cartilage. Hope you are finding answers for your continued pain.

Sarah @Fit4Family
Hi sweetheart... sorry you have this to contend with... it’s no fun, for sure.

When I spoke to my Consultant last night he explained how the knee has to cope with different gait after an injury or surgery... it accommodates but puts a lot of strain on different muscles & tendons ... he says this is why so many suffer more with knee pain after THR... especially if there has been a previous injury.

Rather than worry why don’t you see if you can get that appointment bought forward... he could x-ray & perhaps allay all your fears & frustrations.

I had more pain in my lower thigh & side of knee on my first THR gran the hip.... I had x-ray... it showed wear and tear but not without cartledge... it has gone on for 6 years and only now needs sorting out.

It maybe it just a needs time for all those muscles that have shortened to even out!

Sending all my love for less pain & more peace of mind hun.

love Chrissie xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties