Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

If there's any other suggestions that come to light...will certainly let you know.

Sending continued prayers for healing and comfort @Fit4Family :friends:

Aww, I'm just catching up on your thread. I'm so sorry for all your going through. My heart goes out to you.
The thought of you crying yourself to sleep is heartbreaking.
Prayers all gets back on track soon. Sending a hug and wishing you comfort. :console2:
@Fit4Family

I'm sorry you are having reactions to the pills you are taking. I took Diclofenac for a few months and it helped my pre surgery pain but then I started getting stomach issues so had to stop. I thought that was the side effect they worry about with NSAID's so you don't get a stomach ulcer or something. So your reactions to these medications are different but you have to trust your body. I continually hear about the anti inflammatory diet and have started doing research into that myself. I hope there is some medication you can take without any reaction. I may have missed something but does one Advil with one tyenlol work? That 'cocktail' works for me sometimes. I hope you get some good news soon about a med that will work and your ongoing pain issues.
In answer to your question I am doing well. My hip still has swelling so I ice a lot and elevate (once a day). Surgeon said that my last up to a year. I have no or little pain in it so am over the moon. My 'good' knee which started acting up mid May is almost recovered but still has pain. It is getting stronger as I am exercising a lot (for me) and still going to PT twice a week. I am now able to walk most of the day without my cane (my operated hip is not my good leg) but always have it with me and there are times in the day my knee throbs. I am only taking 2 tyenlol a day instead of the 6 I took for a year and if I am going out on a special occasion or have to do a lot of stairs I have been known to take a tramadol. So all in all I am good.
That being said have you tried tramadol for your pain? Its not good to be on it long but it does help once in awhile.
Good luck! Thinking of you and sending a virtual hug to you today!

You know you are in my thoughts, dear Sarah. Wishing you a peaceful day. Take care. xx

fairy kisses.jpeg

@Fit4Family ... I am so sorry to hear all the problems you're having getting the pain and inflammation down to reasonable levels. Mojo333 and I have been discussing the possibility of finding some alternative things you could talk with your surgeon about trying, but we've not come up with anything. We've not had a member that has experienced what you're going through. It is pretty obvious that your PA is correct and your situation is very unusual.

But I am heartened by the attention you're getting from your medical team. I think they are the best ones to help you try different options for medications or supplements that can help you get through this challenge. You are doing just the right thing by researching options on your own. The anti-inflammation diet is always a good choice, so I'm pleased to see you're following it.

I know this is probably not a lot of help, but try to remember this situation is only temporary. Your body will heal and the pain will lessen with some time. While it's important to not remain totally inactive, gentle movements and walking about the house during the day every hour or so in between icing and elevating your leg will keep the pain and inflammation at a minimum.

I wonder, though.....if your surgeon thinks you could possibly have a torn Gluteous Medius Minimus, why wouldn't he get some imaging done to rule that out? I'm not clear how he's approaching the diagnosis of this as a potential problem.

However, I got very dizzy and felt almost breathless for four to five hours after taking.
I was going to ask you if you have any asthma as it's a contraindication to NSAIDs. If your pain is so bad, I suggest you try my old favourite which is Tylenol 1,000mg 3-4 times a day. MUCH safer and moreeffective than NSAIDs.

Thank you all for your encouragement and thoughts. Layla, Josephine, Jamie, Izabel and lotusbuds

Called again today, PA agrees I must be hypersensitive to the NSAIDS. I do have asthma. The reaction is very obvious so I’m not going to ignore. Not adding any new ones as seems unlikely they will work for me.

So for now, I’m taking aspirin and Tylenol every six hours. Pain is manageable, but inflammation unknown as it’s deep in tendon. I agree an MRI would be a good idea. I will meet with my surgeon next Monday and push for answers. Have yet to speak directly with him.

I am following their advice of walking, but stopping if anything hurts. Icing 4 times a day and not doing any exercise that uses hip flexors. Consistently hurts in very specific place which concerns me. Exactly where they identified tendonitis.

You all are so amazing. Thank you so much for all the messages. Sarah

Adding

Their reason for wanting me on anti inflammatory meds was diagnostic. If it is bursitis, pain would go away. If torn tendon, most likely would hurt with rotation even on meds.

Their reason for wanting me on anti inflammatory meds was diagnostic. If it is bursitis, pain would go away. If torn tendon, most likely would hurt with rotation even on meds.
Oh good grief! Are their diagnostic skills so lacking they need to go this far?

hoo boy, I'm sorry to read all of this! I have asthma and thankfully have never had a reaction but will most certainly tuck this info away in some of my brain cells... Sorry @Fit4Family :console2:
I had to laugh at Josephines response and wondered about using the NSAIDs for diagnosing, too. But! The one bright spot is that you did get relief from that first full dose.. maybe a positive sign.
I am sending you healing energy, good thoughts or whatever you want to call it.. But it's sincere.

You all are so kind. Making me tear and laugh all at the same. :loveshwr:

Very good point @CricketHip that is the silver lining. I know it is inflammation!

Laughed @Josephine
I will make my thoughts known on Monday. Hoping it’s just the PA not my surgeon. Very nice guy, but, after all these months I should get to the bottom of it.

Thank you all. @Layla You are truly heaven sent. Feeling uplifted by all of you.

Happy 4 month Hipversary dear @Fit4Family
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

I know you aren't where you want to be yet, but everyone is rooting for you..hope today is a good day.

Oh goodness me Sarah... all you’ve been through this week... so sorry that you can’t take the only medication that provided relief...

I’m with you on that ... asthmatic & cant take NSAIDS... one time before my first THR doc prescribed Meloxicam... 2 days... no pain! It was glorious! next day A&E.. severe asthmatic reaction & heart palpitations.
They told me never to take this kind of med again... so paracetamol it was and still is the only meds I can tolerate.

Identifying the source of the pain is really useful & I agree a diet to help is very useful... it’s sticking to it is the problem! I’ve heard turmeric with black pepper is really good for inflammation.

Hoping you find an answer soon.... if all these good wishes could translate into answers you would be there tomorrow... sending all my love & hugs & healing vibes to you darling girl.

Don’t know if happy 4 months is appropriate but I know with your spirit you will overcome this too.

Love Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

@Fit4Family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am following Chrissie everywhere today. :heehee:

Sarah, I know you are suffering but I want to wish you a peaceful Four Month Hipaversary. Please take care and I hope you get some answers on Monday.
fairy kisses.jpeg Izzy xx

Wow! Feeling so much love and support. Thank you all. ❤️ @Mojo333 @Layla @Hoppy Nanny @Izabel

Must be the positive vibes here but woke up very determined to get to the bottom of this. Hope my OS is in good mood Monday, as I have a typed list of questions. Lol.

Hoping it’s a good sign, my pain has migrated down my leg to mostly the front of my thigh and top of knee. My “hopeful self” is thinking maybe inflammation is moving down my leg. Still have tenderness at hip, but only if pulling leg into bed or out of car. Have not had gripping pain at hip, that was making my leg seize up for two days.

Just continuing to really watch diet, no sugar, green tea, turmeric, and constantly icing. Hoping all the Mojo here gets me back on track. xx to all.

@Hoppy Nanny So sorry to read you reacted to Celebrex too. It was scary. On the plus side, not tempted to try again as it was a hard pass.

Sending lots of love xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
loo_who_too