Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Yep new thread, since I’m already walking outside needed something for motivation. I am so happy to hear you feel like it’s everything you’ve dreamed of and more @Carriemay60

You have inspired and supported so many people here. Makes me happy to see you realizing your dreams. :SUNsmile:

Good Morning Hipsters!

Enjoyed a nice long walk today in our neighborhood with my poles. Finally have some sunshine ☀️ Thrilling to get outside! Hope everyone has a great day. :SUNsmile:

Wow, girl, you are running away and well ahead of yourself. Please be careful. :praying:

Our visitor leaves tomorrow and I shall then attempt one cane. I bought a new one with Butterflies on it so I can fly with it. Didn't like the cat one I saw and I am a cat lady, they looked liked Simon's Cat ... and I love Simon's cat! Have 14 canes now ... different ones for different outfits! :whistle:

Had lunch out today with friends. Isn't it lovely being back out in the big bad world. :yahoo:

am.media_amazon.com_images_I_61TrwvChjBL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Beautiful cane @Izabel Love butterflies. I have two poles, so similar to two canes. We’ve had weeks of rain so the sun was intoxicating. Have a wonderful day!

Good morning ( or evening as it is here [emoji23][emoji23]) hipster sister.. happy week 8 anniversary...
a long walk outside... in the sunshine.. that’s so good to feel the sun on your body...
Normal service resuming @Fit4Life yay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done!! Our sun hasn't been constant today, but I have seen some and the temperature is much warmer. Sadly, our long term forecast is lots more rain. So happy for getting out!:egypdance:

Up with the birds this morning. The singing is crazy. Have new pain today lower on my leg which I’m assuming is muscle pain. Wondering how others are managing pain? I am 8 weeks post opp. As I was not walking more than 10-15 minutes at a time 3 or 4 times a day, I have only been taking extra strength Tylenol. Stopped all other pain medication around 3, 4 weeks. My pain is on outer edge of leg, not near brake but lower. Arms still ache while sleeping. Only exercise I’m doing is light walking. Probably walked total of 40 minutes yesterday. Two separate times, so 20 minutes each with two Nordic poles. Have lots of Tramadol left, but thinking that will limit me from driving. Next OS is 6/4, so calling is option. He doesn’t want me taking ibuprofen as my bone was grafted. Thank you for any thoughts or suggestions.

Most days take 2 to 4 Extra Strength Tylenol
Also still icing and elevating when sitting. 40 minutes/ 3 times daily

Last edited:
:mcoffee: Good morning
I had some new niggles pop up as I got more active...and as my posture and gait were different, certain muscles complained during the transition.
New shoes were needed as my old ones had a wear pattern that was not good for my new hips.
I was still icing things regularly at four months out..when new pains appeared. Seems like they were all shortlived and travelled about.:shrug:
Hope today is a good day and things settle down:SUNsmile:

Good Morning @Mojo333
Good to know. My pillow protected world kept me safe, but my muscles got pretty weak I’m guessing. Thank you for your thoughts. Maybe it was all the inclines yesterday. I like your thinking that it’s short lived. Not sure if no pain no gain applies here.

Hope you have a wonderful day! :flwrysmile:

Hi hippie sis @Fit4Family
All these different pains that crop up are so annoying but
do go quickly... when another decides to rear it’s ugly head... ugh!!
I learnt from my first THR to dismiss it as ‘just another niggle’ to cope with.
I found just taking paracetamol regularly, resting, icing & using my crutch for as long as I needed
(not what others expected) helped me.
In a few weeks time this will all be a distant memory...
Enjoy your weekend hun x[emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi hippie sister @Hoppy Nanny Thank you for your thoughts on pain. Hoping you have a wonderful weekend! Almost 2 months! ❤️

Back from another long walk. It’s a cool, pretty morning here. Just checking in to say hello. Nothing to report on hip front. Have not experienced substantial improvements since I started walking a week or so ago. Guess it will just take time for my muscles to be ready to walk naturally. Have mostly been working from home. Busy with kids schedules. May is always crazy with everything finishing up before summer. Just wanted to say hello and wish all a happy Wednesday! :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads