Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

I'm sorry you're feeling down. We certainly understand your frustration. I'll bet the combo of rainy, dreary days coupled with your hand and elbow interrupting sleep is adding to the blues. With any luck using the trekking poles will give your hand some relief. Getting out today may be just what the doctor ordered.
Stay safe and enjoy the day!
@Fit4Family

I have felt pretty dumpy this week as well an I think the gloomy skies are a big part of it. Also feeling a bit stalled in my recovery right now and want to jump forward. Knowing this is all normal doesn't help you feel less dumpy unfortunately. As you know, I also don't do wet floors. Today my son has offered to push me around the mall in a wheelchair so I won't be in the rain but I won't be inside these walls either. Another idea is just getting out for lunch - it does break the day up.

:SUNsmile: Thank you so much for the encouragement fellow hipsters!

Going to brave getting out too. Hoping to fit in a lunch with our daughter between the rain storms. What would I do without all of you? Don’t want to imagine it. ❤️

:SUNsmile: Thank you so much for the encouragement fellow hipsters! Going to brave getting out too. Hoping to fit in a lunch with our daughter between the rain storms. What would I do without all of you? Don’t want to imagine it. ❤️
I definitely hope you get that lunch with your daughter, that should life your spirits somewhat :flwrysmile:
I think a lot of us think the same as you, what would we do without our new BoneSmart friends? It would feel like this, lol!!! :blackcloud:

Sorry you are feeling blue hippie sis @Fit4Family that’s not good but it seems it’s part of this recovery. Being able to vent that frustration amongst fellow hippies certainly helps... in fact it’s a godsend.

Standing too long does seem to undermine the hip... I don’t stand to prep or cook but use a perching stool... so much easier.

Hoping the weather improves for you & you can get out & about more...

I had to search & search for your thread...[emoji847]

sending you some pretty spring flowers to cheer you up!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20190510_06d8d47cc54f511bc0b77e52e87538cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Hoppy Nanny Those flowers are just the ticket! Instant cheering for sure. So thoughtful to share them with me. ❤️

Thank you all for your messages and encouragement. Had a lovely lunch with my daughter and picked up some soy wax to make candles later. She loves to get crafty. Feeling much less blue! @SE Florida @SarahBee @Layla @Carriemay60

7 weeks past hip replacement. Have been fighting heavy blues all week.

Oh @Fit4Family I so know how you feel and my heart goes out to you. It is a difficult feeling to explain to someone who has not experienced what we have gone through. The blues will pass.

I agree with @Hoppy Nanny regarding a stool in the kitchen. I have had one since 2013 when I first started having standing issues. I am not able to do kitchen duty yet but I will sure use it when I am ready. I am giving myself 3 months doing my own rehab and I believe I will get there, another 3 1/2 weeks to go.
Take care of yourself, don't overdo it and sending some of my sunshine and warmth your way. :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:

Two months,out and lots of improvement to come.
Here's your own recovery chart
rps20171117_054543.jpg

It does go up,
Hope your day is sweet!

Just a thought but I took Vitamin D supplements during our long grey British winter. I always feel much better when the sun comes out. Would it help you through the “moody part” of recovering from the op?

Also getting out and about and seeing friends really gave me something to look forward to and broke up the days...

Happy Saturday :wave:
It's good to hear that lunch out with your daughter lifted your mood.
Wondering if you're making the soy candles together? It sounds interesting. I love scented candles!
Crafting something together would be a healthy diversion from recovery.
There is something soothing about a great scented candle burning with some quiet music you enjoy playing in the background.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom