THR Hippity Hop to the Other Side

I know some people would have been doing the things I mention weeks and weeks ago.
And there's a 95% chance they suffered for it of they did. You're taking the smart path and are starting to see the benefits, good job @EditorER!

Hello @EditorER
I love your last post. Your humor, your sensible way of thinking, your patience, but most of all your gratitude. Admirable! A great post for those following behind you. Thanks for the update and a Happy Three Month anniversary to you!

Thank you, @Layla and all the Forum advisors and supportive members. It’s hard to believe it’s been three months already. I finally gave up the nice toilet armchair (though I miss it) and my temporary handicap parking placard expired today. I guess I’m well on my way!

Funny thing—I’ve got lots of pins and needles sensations in my six-years out from surgery thigh today. Maybe there’s still a chance for healing? My PT does deep massage every week and I had a treatment yesterday. It’s painful, but it loosens up the scar tissue and gives me some relief from the heavy feeling in that leg. So we keep working on Leftie while Rightie is moving along nicely. I can almost balance well enough on just that one leg to dress myself without having to grab the counter’s edge. Especially if I take a big breath first!

On behalf of staff, you‘re welcome! :wink: Lots of great members here offering support, which I also appreciated during my recovery. it’s helpful to communicate with those who‘ve “been there, done that” or are experiencing recovery right along with you.

Hmmm, pins and needles sensation in your left hip? Wonder if a quick phone call to your surgeons office to talk to a member of his care team will provide an answer and some reassurance? Something to consider if it continues.
A great weekend to you! Thanks for the update. :SUNsmile:
@EditorER

I think the pins and needles sensation is a good sign that some healing might yet be taking place after almost six years since that hip was replaced. I experienced femoral nerve damage after hip replacement by the anterior approach and still struggle with weakness in that leg, especially when climbing stairs.

Well, that would be encouraging news. Fingers crossed you continue to notice improvement with Lefty. :fingersx: Righty too. :yes:
@EditorER

I’ve had an uneventful and very pleasing recovery from my right THR, now one year a few weeks past. One-year check X-rays showed everything stable and the bone graft has taken. Suddenly, over the past three days, I’ve experienced intermittent stabs of pain resulting in limping while walking or climbing stairs. Not always, not consistently, just some stabs out of the blue. I haven’t done anything I can think of to account for this. I’m tempted to take it easy (I’m a fairly sedate person to begin with), wait it out a week or so, with the hope it is just some sort of settling and will go away. But I am wondering if this is something I should get checked sooner than later, in case it is serious. Anyone else experienced this?

Hello, it’s good to read your recovery has progressed nicely over the past year and all went well with your one year appointment. Since you’re bringing your concern here, please consider contacting your surgeon‘s office to talk with a member of his / her care team. I’m sure through some questioning they’ll be able to offer advice, or requset that you schedule an appointment.

It’s difficult to advise other than to assume the pain could be related to some activity you engaged in that only time and rest will remedy, but that would be a guess, not a professional medical opinion, nor does it offer much reassurance. I hope your discomfort settles soon. Please stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.
@EditorER

Hi @EditorER

Of course you get weird pains AFTER your 1-year post op (sarcasm). And unpredictable. Ai yai yai, isn't that how it goes?

I'm sorry that is happening!

I am glad you posted, though, as I have been wondering about your other hip with nerve damage. I'm about a year and a half out from my left THR with femoral nerve damage. It seems like the nerve is mostly awake with a bit of numbness, but encouraging that yours still showed signs of activity even 6 years later.

I'm a1 month out from my right THR that has been mostly uneventful.

Please keep posting; I'm interested in how it's going.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back