THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

@Fit4Family Thanks for checking in :) I could feel a difference for the better immediately when I got up this morning. My walk is even and strong, no pain and even very little stiffness getting out of bed which is new. May still be taking it pretty easy for a couple of days yet as it is just pouring rain here and lots more expected. I can hardly see the house across the street for the fog.

Had a nice time out yesterday. I managed the buffet better than I expected. Someone stuck with me between our table and a food spread and then would meet me at the other end to carry my plate and walk in front of me going back. Was just using my cane and encountered a few pretty inconsiderate people but most were pretty good. People are weird at a buffet the way they see food and then dive in like they are the only person there and that there is only one serving left in the world. The lady at the next table was "amusing"? in that she had to comment on everything I brought back on my plate and hers. (She is 67, her blonde hair is not from a bottle, she has 3 grandchildren but no girls so she still hopes for more, etc., etc. ~ just in case you care as much as we did :hairpulling:)
All in all, it was a great day!

So glad you are feeling better. Easy to rest when the weather is so dreadful - same here, except I do have to go out for a bit. It will undoubtedly clear just in time for another cold and muddy baseball game for my son tonight. Every time!

I really hate buffets - I so love the spread but I SO cannot stand the people!!! I was quite relieved to be invited to someone's home yesterday and be spared the brunch buffet that we would have otherwise attended.

Happy to hear you are feeling stronger!! Wonderful news. Laughed at your buffet description. Never been my favorite either. Great for feeding our 14 year old son. Lol.

Rain here too again. Hope you continue to feel improvements! ❤️

So glad your pain eased off enough for your Mother’s day buffet.... it’s weird the way people feel the need to tell their whole life story ... bet you would have run if you could have!!
My hubby always says ‘don’t make eye contact ‘ but I seem to attract them!
Glad Josephine put your mind at rest. hoping s good nights sleep come your way xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you @Hoppy Nanny , you are so supportive and encouraging! I do seem to have a target on my forehead for people that need an ear. Might be what drew me to social work. There was one very elderly Asian woman who seemed to have a target on my back yesterday. This old lady could move like lightning and seemed to appear out of thin air no matter where I went! :heehee::heehee::heehee:

In other news, I just discovered (kind of by accident as an extension of counter surfing) that I can walk 20-30 steps in the house with NO aide & NO limp!!! I might have gone further but my husband started hyperventilating when he saw me. :egypdance: :egypdance: :egypdance:

In other news, I just discovered (kind of by accident as an extension of counter surfing) that I can walk 20-30 steps in the house with NO aide & NO limp!!! I might have gone further but my husband started hyperventilating when he saw me
:yahoo:
Isn't it just amazing! Very happy you are doing so well. Onward and upward @Carriemay60 :happyfeet:

Woohoo! She's on the run now, no stopping her! Hubby better keep his eyes peeled or you'll be sneaking off before he knows it! Great news.
:dancy:

One more little milestone: I woke quite early for the washroom so went back to bed but decided to try laying on my non-op side, which is my favourite side anyway :) I was out like a light for another 2 hours - Bliss!!! I am not sure if I could do most of a night on that side or not just yet but will sure make it a standard part of my night.
:sleeep::sleeep::sleeep:

I am so pleased that you are on the mend properly. There will be no stopping you now.

Hi, so you are at 5 or 6 weeks.... Did you use a pillow between your legs? You are doing great and so glad that pain has subsided......

Sleep is king! So happy to hear you tacked on 2 hours :sleeep:

I’m still being a chicken on side sleeping.. you are braver than me CarrieMay.. shall I try tonight??[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Hoppy Nanny With my last hip surgery it was a good months at least. It felt horrible and the op side felt like I had the weight of a large brick on it. This time, I didn't feel that all. I could tell right away I was probably going to manage a bit of time. I used a fairly firm foam pillow from my knees right to my toes (advantage of being short, I only needed one to cover that distance). I bent my op leg knee slightly. Good luck if you decide to try :sleep:

Just home from my OS check. 6 weeks tomorrow. He was dead pleased with everything from surgery to my scar. Happy with ROM, my walking, absolutely everything. He was pleased to hear I was walking outside already and shocked that I could walk a little with no cane. Like a proud peacock when I said I knew by about 48 hours that the OA was gone. Cleared to drive if off painkillers and I have practiced for an hour somewhere quiet. It's a good day!! :egypdance::happydance:

Awesome report! I can't wait to be down to a cane, let alone no cane. Two crutches or a walker - so bulky to lug around!

I think you will find driving to be easy. One of the most painful actions pre-op for me was getting into and out of cars. And sometimes, switching between gas and brake was painful as well. NO MORE!!! Just had to get over jitters and then it's second nature.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back