Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This thread is just for pictures of your scars.
Any extraneous chat will be removed - please keep comments in your recovery threads

- it's easier to see details in smaller pics than huge ones
- the use of tablets and phones makes smaller images much preferable
- most cameras take photos that are 1-2,000 pixels wide - IOW HUGE!
- so resize images to 300x500 pixels maximum
- don't post images that are too dark to see anything or not in focus

Mudpro (Bill)

Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 12-10-2008

awmrogers.smugmug.com_photos_440543253_NNgYZ_S_3.jpg

I'm not sure if I want to post my stretch marked butt after such a cutie belonging to hurtingbuthopeful but here goes. Guess it takes all kind of butts to make a world. I also wonder if I hold the record for the longest scar??? Well I always was an over achiever!!!! About a year PO.

ai44.tinypic.com_rsgb2h.jpg

Here is my scar 4 days post-op. Looks pretty scary. The vertical scar is part of my original surgery when I broke the hip. He obviously had to make an additional cut. I assume it was due to the large implement and the previous break and surgery left a lot of extra bone and scar tissue.

And the blemish under the dollar bill is where the drain tube was. The blemish to the bottom left of the scar is a poorly timed pimple that came close to causing a delay of my surgery

100_2135 (Large).JPG

Well thought I'd best join you all and post up a picture of my scar - this is it at 8 weeks - it does seem as though it is starting to look better each day now. It is about 6-7" long depending on how I bend........

Look the other way if you get scared easily, lol

scar.jpg

Hello there!
Here is my scar , 11 weeks post-op. I was really worried about how it would turn out to be (I know I sound superficial but I didn't want people to stare when I'm in bikini :) )but my doctor told me that he'd do his best and and I think it doesn't look that bad!

DSC05738.jpg

My sister let me photograph her scar, now 3 months old. She's still having lots of swelling issues, specially in her lower legs but nothing to do with the THR or the TKRs - just explaining the dimpled appearance around the wound.

EDIT: This wound was closed with STAPLES!! Wouldn't credit it, would you?

Pat's THR at 3 months b.jpg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom