THR Hip Surgery in June

Hello @Sunbeam62 - and :welome:

Thank you for telling us your surgery date. Which hip are you having replaced?

I've done your signature and added your name to the June Sunbeams surgery list.

Here is some reading for you, to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Welcome and congratulations on getting a date for your hip replacement. You will walk normally again and without pain. I love my hips and especially what they allow me to do now. If you have any questions or concerns please share here and someone will help.

I’m sure getting your surgery date is a big relief (and WILL be, lol) but also is stirring up a lot of other emotions as well. We’re here for you for questions and emotions big and small throughout your journey. Nothing like the understanding of people who have been there. :)

Welcome to BoneSmart. Thanks for joining us!
I’m sorry your surgery was canceled. Thankfully you have a new date and relief is on its way. You‘re going to love the result of this great surgery. Say goodbye to hip pain! :happydance:
Wishing you a nice holiday weekend and comfort as you await your surgery date.
@Sunbeam62

Thank you everyone for the input. I am so glad to hear that getting a new hip makes a great difference in getting back to normal. I am having my right hip done on June 2nd and hopefully the left one done as soon as possible. I am a bit afraid of getting an operation but am going to look at it as a positive step in the right direction. It is nice to hear what others think and have gone through.

You wouldn’t be normal if you weren’t a little afraid of having surgery. Like I told my OS, I was more afraid of all the things I couldn’t do than of the surgery but I was still plenty scared. That’s what this forum is best at: supporting you in whatever way you need. Not too much longer now. It is so worth the temporary manageable surgical pain to get your life back! ❤️

Best wishes tomorrow @Sunbeam62. Wishing you a successful surgery and smooth recovery with great pain control. I hope we get to see you on the recovery side when you are up to posting.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom