Hip surgery in 4 days

arcticgem

Country
Canada Canada
So here I am sitting in a hotel that will be my home for the next two weeks after total hip replacement surgery. I have a list of things I need to buy to make things easier but I’m hoping to hear from anyone as to what equipment to buy. I also need to know if I can fly back home in two weeks. I live in the arctic so I have to fly to Ottawa for medical. I’m kinda nervous.

Hi, Welcome to BoneSmart. Thank you for joining us!
I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, but please know it's perfectly normal. Doesn't make it any better but you'll get through it.

Here is an article on some things that will be helpful during recovery.
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/recovery-aids-a-comprehensive-list-for-hospital-and-home.12499/

As for flying, another article -
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/flying-soon-after-surgery.13054/

Consider starting a Recovery Thread on the recovery side the night before your surgery.
You'll find a lot of support there post op and we'll leave you some useful reading that will help in your recovery.

Wishing you all the best!

Oops, forgot...
Is your actual surgery date August 31st? And which hip?
Let us know and a signature with the info will be created for you.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Layla. It is my left hip and my surgery date is August 30. Thank you for providing the links.

@arcticgem Welcome to BoneSmart! We will be here to support you all the way. Questions? Give a shout. Lots of members are going through the same journey and may share your concerns.

:hi:Will be thinking of you tomorrow as you say Bye Bye to hip pain!
You've got this!:tada:

Wishing you all the best tomorrow!
If you have time today, consider starting your recovery thread in the Hip Replacement Recovery Area so it's
ready for you to post on. We have some great reading material we can leave for you there.
You'll find an abundance of support and encouragement there also.
See you on the other side soon!
@arcticgem

Good luck @arcticgem ......you're a long way from home, hope you've got someone in Ottawa to cheer you up while you're there. Don't forget to keep posting on BS too.....we can be your proxy cheerleaders :yay: All the best for tomorrow/today (time zones!! :shrug:)

Best wishes for the day.
Recovery coming right up. :yay:
Let us know how you're doing once you're resting comfortably.
Will look forward to your first post.
@arcticgem

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom