Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Revision THR hip revision on 48 year old

Willow12

Country
United States United States
My husband had a metal on metal hip replacement in 2006. He was having some mild mobility issues and went in to see his doctor. The hip replacement is loose and he is essentially "walking on a broken hip". The original doctor will not do a revision as it his more than his expertise. He has given us a referral but I would like more than one opinion. The original surgery was done for hip dysplasia and he had little bone to work with to begin with, now we are looking at more bone loss. We live in Washington state and we are willing to travel if needed. Anyone have a similar experience and can recommend a doctor would be great. I feel like we have to get it right the first time to preserve as much bone as possible.

Pumpkln

Country
@Willow12
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!
Sorry to hear of your husbands situation, he is between a rock and a hard place given the present restrictions on elective surgeries.
In addition to the referral you have been given, you can use our surgeon locator located at the top of this page, to find a surgeon in a nearby state.
@Jamie may be able to assist with finding a surgeon specializing in revisions in a state near Washington State.

Please post the date of your husbands hip replacement, having the date will help us better advise you. A moderator will post the surgery date in your signature.
Thanks!

Good luck in your search, keep us posted on how you are doing.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
I'm happy to help you find a revision surgeon. How far are you willing to travel?

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Willow12 if you are willing to travel to Seattle here are some recommended revision surgeons in that area:
Dr. William Barrett
Proliance Orthopedic Associates
4011 Talbot Road S, Suite 300
Renton, WA 98055
Phone: 425-656-5060

Dr. James Crutcher
Swedish Medical Center/Cherry Hill Campus
500 - 17th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
Phone: 206-320-2000

Dr. Navin D. Fernando
University of Washington Medicine Hip & Knee Center
Northwest Outpatient Medical Center 10330 Meridian Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98133
Phone: 206-520-5000

OP
OP
W

Willow12

Country
@Jamie , Thank you all for being so helpful. Jamie we are willing to travel as far as necessary-Seattle, Portland, and even New York. Although, that may be impossible at the moment as we are on lock down by our governor. We did meet with one ortho in Olympia and he spent an hour with us answering questions and explaining in detail. We need to get labs done and waiting to get a hip aspiration and MRI but those can't be scheduled due the pandemic. I would like to get more opinions but without the MRI I think it may not be as helpful.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @ - and :welome:

Please will you tell us the full date of your husband's hip replacement and which hip it is, so we can make a signature for you?
Thank you.:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Harryrightknee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom