• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[REVISION THR] Hip revision immediately after THR

Marvin L

Country
United States United States
I’m so sorry, my heart goes out to you. I am upset with your surgeon, he obviously did something wrong. They should bare responsibility, as this could affect the rest of your life. I pray you find another dr, that can help you.

CPH

Country
So sorry to hear about your situation. I fell a month after having a RTHR and implant broke my femur. Had to have a revision as well as a femur repair, but no dislocation. Will have a couple of extra restrictions as precautions going forward, but Dr. said new longer revision stem should last as long as original. Such a disappointing setback to have to have a revision, so I can relate in many ways. Agree a second opinion might be in order if for no other than reason to confirm what you are being told.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @MsB Welcome and hopefully you can gather information and comfort from BoneSmart. It's a wealth of information and support.
What an experience to have!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Beverly123
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom