Hip researching for my internet-shy mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew0706

Hi

My mother is looking into double hip replacement and has been told to go for chromium hip replacement. The information out on the web is a little vague, and one wonders about the neutrality of certain websites. Anyone done some digging and know of which is best and worst and why?

It would be really helpful if anyone out there with experience can let me help my mother feel like she's not being coerced into making a bad choice. As she'll be getting the work done through the national health service, they're kind of pushing for chromium hip replacement and it makes me wonder if that's the best or whether its the most economical and there's other options that they're being...discrete...about due to the financial cost.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Matt.

Hello Mat. Your mother may also inquire about ceramic on ceramic hip implants, a material used for about 30 years in Europe. I am 65 and had both my hips done this year, April and August, and feel no pain at all in the implant areas, other then tenderness in the more recent incision. I am presently walking fine with a cane. I wish I had it done years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom