THR Hip replacement pain after 10 years

Lucy1980

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi I had hip replacements 10 years ago and am experiencing a sharp stabbing pain that comes and goes in my left hip. It seeks to be worse when lying down. Anyone experienced this?

:wave: @Lucy1980 and welcome to Bone Smart! You say you had hip replacements 10 years ago, both correct? Were they at the same or separate times?

How long has this pain in your left hip been going on? Have you done anything out of the ordinary lately? Have you reached out to either your GP or the OS that did the surgery? Can you pinpoint a little better exactly where in your hip?

Sorry to be asking so many questions, just trying to get a feel for what's going on. Have you tried to elevate that leg and do some icing? Tried heat? Sorry you're having a problem, hopefully we can get some suggestions for you or someone may pop up that had something similar.

@Lucy1980
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us! :welome:
Suggest you call your surgeon and let them know how your hip is feeling. They may want to have you come in for an examination and new x rays to check out the cause of your recent hip pain.
If the surgeon has moved or retired your GP will be able to refer you to another surgeon.

Ok thank you I will ring today busy wondered of anybody had anything similar. So worrying guess I've put it off

Thanks for reply I had them done separately as I have RA all over and my arms, knees etc are all damaged and they didn't think I would manage them together.

The pain has been going on since late Oct but I had a fall where I really hurt my knee so thought it might be the muscle as I landed. I asked them to cray hip at a and e but they refused. It seemed to calm down but has returned, mainly when lying down. Its mainly to the side and doesn't go to my buttock or groin and is in waves of stabbing pain. Its manageable but I know I need to get it checked so will ring.
Just get fed up as I'm awaiting other surgeries on elbow and shoulder. My knees are shot and its knee also in most joints me which are deformed. Its recently spread to my jaw. I'm 40 and for 10 years my hips have been pain free and here I go again on top of worrying about all the other joints.

Thanks for advice appreciate it

Thanks for reply I had them done separately as I have RA all over and my arms, knees etc are all damaged and they didn't think I would manage them together.

Please will you tell us the full dates of your hip replacements and which hip was done each time, when, so we can make a signature for you? Thank you.:flwrysmile:

I'm so sorry you have so many medical challenges to deal with. I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be to have so many issues going on at once. Calling your doctor seems like the best way to be sure it's nothing serious. Keep us posted what you find out. The people here on this forum are incredibly helpful and supportive. Take care. :loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom