Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

Hi, sweet one :hi:
I hope this week has brought healing and you're feeling more comfortable.
A few more weeks before you set sail. We need you to be ship shape! :capn:
Hope you can give us a little thumbs up :thumb: on your condition before it's Bon Voyage.
Love and hugs :loveshwr: :friends:
@zinnia

Thinking of you. Hoping all is well.
Not sure when you're sailing but I hope your chest has healed since the fall.
Also hoping the discomfort from what Jo mentioned she believed to be Bursitis is easing.
Leave us an update when you have time.
Love and miss you, zinnia :loveshwr: :friends:
@zinnia

:wave:
Hope spring is springing your way...and you are doing well!
Azaleas and dogwoods are already blooming and the lavender wisteria is cascading from the pines like cornucopias of grapes spilling down.
I do love the smell, especially when the dew hits them in the morning!

Would love to know how you are doing.:friends:

:eyebrows::snork:Hi @Mojo333, some how you must have seen me wandering around in these new grounds yesterday and today. Jaycey saved me with an address to reach my thread. I thought I had been deleted.
I am just checking in after too long a time being away. The cruise was good but I got very sick with a strange (of course) dry cough for about 2 weeks I could not speak or eat much at all. Nothing else, just a terrible cough. The doctor had me have an X-ray thinking perhaps I had walking pneumonia but nothing showed up. So that was Feb. and than came my birthday and a wonderful visit from my daughter and now here we are in Spring.
Question for you and my other sweetheart @Layla; I have begun to walk most days with my walking sticks because I am not walking unattended. Unable to do it. I can walk about the house for a bit but I have very little stamina. I', now 84 and if I don't get this thing done it will be too late. So I walk every day and go a little further each day because I could not walk very far with the cane before the cruise. I had to do so much walking on the cruise and I found out I could do better than I thought. I admit I have been baking myself and feeling sorry for me. Anyway I have developed a pain at the end of my long scar on the right side to right buttock. It doesn't hurt when I walk generally unless I take a step which seems to be to the rear, whatever. No pain in the groin. It doesn't feel like a deep pain, maybe a muscle pain from the walking? It is close to the stem area but not high enough to be the hip action. I have been pain free but there is something holding me back from walking. Both the PT and the asst. dr. seem to think I am not strong enough which is why I am walking instead of exercising. I know this is pretty general but you girls know my history. Any ideas, tips. . .stuff like that?
Have missed being here. I don't know if you'll ever get rid of me. Love you both

Hi there :hi:
So very happy to hear from you, zinnia. I was worried about you. I recall you mentioning the cruise but it seemed like forever ago. Also worried because you disappeared shortly after that tumble when you hurt your chest.

Wishing you a Belated Happy Birthday! I'm sorry the cruise was overshadowed by illness and a pesky cough. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

If I'm understanding right, you mentioned the only exercising you're getting currently is walking. But you also mentioned your PT's opinion in regard to your situation. Have you been in PT until recently and if so, is the pain / discomfort new since returning from the cruise and possibly a few visits to PT?
We can draw Jo in for her opinion if you'd like, please let us know and we can tag her for you. I'm not sure if it's just a prolonged recovery from all you've been through, or if some new activity possibly even all the walking you did on the cruise that has caused some aggravation. I'd ice and make sure you're getting enough rest for starters and see if it eases at all. You're just short of a year from the third revision and I'm sure given all you've been through you're still not completely healed.

Give tagging Jo some thought. Will be thinking of you.
Sending love and a hug :loveshwr: :friends:
@zinnia

I'd ice and make sure you're getting enough rest for starters and see if it eases at all. You're just short of a year from the third revision and I'm sure given all you've been through you're still not completely healed.
I agree:yes: and all that trauma that your leg has suffered and then you have honestly have done so well...and you don't EVEN know it.
I', now 84 and if I don't get this thing done it will be too late. So I walk every day and go a little further each day because I could not walk very far with the cane before the cruise. I had to do so much walking on the cruise and I found out I could do better than I thought
I know you won't appreciate this but I So Want To Be You when I'm in my 80s. :friends:Never give up or give in...:eyebrows:
but please understand that you truly are doing so much better than my parents and most of their constituents your age in their assisted living facility (without three hip revisions)
Our bodies have a time coming back from having a prosthetic hip implanted and I echo Layla, with all you have had to deal with...there is just time to do and not do as much. :unsure:
I admit I have been baking myself and feeling sorry for me
Yep..good on you for being honest.
Give my friend Zinnia a break. A Zinnia is hardy and Hale and heat resistant, but it can struggle...and just needs a little spring rain to freshen itself right up!
Hugs friend!:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

Hi zinnia
Hoping that things are blooming where you are and that your spirit is well.
Thinking of you today:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom