• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR Hip replacement at 12

Thanks for the update @Jemma
Many have wondered about Brynn. That poor sweet girl has been through so much in her short life.
My heart goes out to you all. Prayers for healing, comfort and peace.
Warm wishes for a wonderful Christmas.
:nativity: :merry christmas:

Adding my prayers to layla’s. Of course Santa will find her wherever she is-he’s Santa! Such a role model Brynn is for all of us. Her spirit is very strong.

Hip replacement at 12

So adorable and kind! @Knitquilt
I'll bet Brynn loves it! Tucker is very cute.

I’m SO VERY glad to read the update on Brynn. I certainly agree that Santa will definitely find her there. No question for like MommaT said, he is Santa and he just knows. Many of have thought of you often and kept you in our prayers. It sounds like she is getting great care. Please give my love to Brynn and I wish you and all your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy 2018. :santa hug::box: :santa sleigh:

I'm sending a new picture of our Daisy for Brynn. This is her Christmas picture. Merry Christmas, Brynn!!
Hip replacement at 12

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers for Brynn on this journey. Last week my sweet baby girl, spread her wings and left our presence. The news of an available organ donor came in just 4 hours after her death.

Brynn was scheduled to go in for a knee replacement on the 30th of April, but 4 days before that she took a turn for the worse because of her cystic fibrosis and was rushed to Great Ormond Street. Her doctors and I put her on the double lung transplant list 10 months ago, she was on Leopard ward until the 9th May before she was moved to the PICU.

Brynn was put on a ventilator, she was covered in wires and tubes, she looked so precious and fragile. My baby spent her last few weeks in immense pain and fighting for breath, she was on a ventilator up until her passing, she is now pain free and dancing with the angels. Brynn has suffered for so many years with horrid symptoms from CF, Gastroparesis, Elhers Danlos Syndrome, postural tachiacardia Syndrome and Mast Cell, but she has now left the world of suffering and pain behind, there will be no more pokes, masks and pain.

Brynn you will have no more tubes, IV’s, physio and oxygen cannulas all of which you hated. Mummy and daddy will never forget you, stay strong my angel. My little girl died in my arms, being comforted by her 2 older brothers and daddy. Sleep tight sweetheart, mummy and daddy will never forget you.

Brynn Charlotte McKenzie
30.7.2005-15.5.2018 Age 12
Never forgotten, forever loved

Last edited:
@Jemma I am so sorry to read your post. I can't imagine losing a child - let alone one so young. Please take comfort in knowing that Brynn is no in pain and struggling. My heart felt condolences to you and your family.

Please know my heart aches for you and your family.
I'm glad Brynn is at peace and there is no more pain for her.
There are no words....

Dearest Jemma,
Thank you for taking the time to update us on Brynn's journey. It means a lot.
I can't imagine anything more traumatic than the loss of a beloved child.
My heart aches for you and all that are hurting at this time.

Precious Brynn endured so much in her short time here with you lovingly by her side through it all. Hugging and holding her, wiping away her tears. I'll bet you were her greatest comforter in life. I believe Brynn lives on. God found it time to call her home. The Bible tells us in Revelation 21:4 that He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain. For the old order of things has passed away.

Brynn is in glory waiting for the day you're re-united. That day will come and what a sweet reunion it will be!

Prayers for peace as you journey through this healing time.
Sending love, hugs and best wishes you feel comforted today and in days and weeks to come.
@Jemma

My dear Jemma, I cannot find the words. My heart goes out to you. As others have said, have peace in knowing she is no longer in pain. Bless you for sharing a bit of her journey with us. I pray for comfort for you and your family as you deal with the pain and loss.

@Jemma my heart goes out to you and your family during this very difficult time. I know no words can really take away the pain and hurt but hopefully just knowing others care may help a bit. Brynn is now God’s newest angel and what a wonderful angel she is! She is now at peace, pain free and smiling again. She will forever have a very special place in your heart, that’s for sure! I’m sending you a big hug and prayers that you will find some comfort knowing others are with you and your family. May God’s love and comfort be with you all during this very difficult time.

God bless you in your grief. Please do what ever it takes to help you cope with this time, be it putting up pictures, keeping her bedroom unchanged or whatever. Don't let anyone tell you it's bad to get upset - it's actually good to get upset as you are expressing your loss which is precious and important. You need to love your dear little one even though she's no longer in your arms. She still in your heart which is just as important.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Susie-Q
    Staff member since February2, 2022
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015