THR Hip, hip hurray (again)

Cisne

senior
Country
United States United States
Hi all!
I´m Michele, a 46 year old teacher from Southern Indiana. I had my first THR (right side) three years ago and after two failed labral repair/reconstructions. This time the decision has been rather quick. I saw my surgeon at my PT´s request, we did a MRI, and I met with the surgeon again yesterday. I´m now on his calendar for this this next Tuesday (July 21). This procedure will be a little different as I´m not having a spinal, and it will be a (hopefully) same day procedure.
Wishing you all well!
Michele

Welcome back, Cisne!
I remember you from my THR recovery. We both had our right hip replaced in June 2017.
Remember, Mojo, GrannyC, MyAussieGirl, dougie...to name a few. Some still stop by on occasion. I hope you’re not in too much pain. Not long to wait now.
I look forward to following your journey and hope this one is easier than the first! :)
@Cisne

Hi Layla! Yes, I do remember you, as well as those you named! Thanks for checking in!
All the best!
Michele

:wave: and :welome: back, @Cisne
Soon to be new Double Hippy in the house.:egypdance:
I know you'll be happy to finally get this hip's recovery story started.
We will be here to cheer you on.

Hey Cisne,
Your big day is already here tomorrow. Wishing you all the best and will watch for you on the flip side. :wave:
@Cisne

Thanks Layla! Sadly, I've just had a call from my surgeon's office. Insurance has denied my surgery insisting that we jump through more hoops before scheduling.
Take care,
Michele

Ugh! :hairpulling: So sorry! Best Wishes at getting it rescheduled soon.
Stay in touch.
@Cisne

I am so sorry, I hope the hoops will be quick and easy and you get rescheduled soon.

@zaberflote He thinks doing PT and injections. However he did tell me at our last visit that he didn't feel PT would help as I'm very active. Thanks everyone!
Michele

I had to have a hip injection before my last replacement. My OS said we needed proof of conservative treatment so there would be no issues. They also let me schedule the surgery at the same time so that I would have a slot which made it all more bearable. I think most OS require a 3 months' wait before surgery after a hip injection but mine has a 6 month rule. Not great but considering he was already booking out 5 months out it was doable. I hope they let you schedule the surgery at same time after injection so you have the soonest slot possible.

Hello again!
After a near miss with my surgery being denied in July, I now have insurance approval for this THURSDAY! I may have a moment (or more) of panic when I got the call today. I now have a sub, have left lesson plans, and have been Covid tested. I'm awaiting my surgery time. I should hear today or tomorrow, and then it's left hip time!
Wishing everyone well!
Michele

:hi: @Cisne
Nothing like a quick date, right.:good-bad:
Will be thinking of you and happy to see you all done.:loveshwr:

Wonderful that you can have your surgery. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a pain controlled smooth recovery. I hope we will see you on the sunny (recovery) side. :flwrysmile::SUNsmile:

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! All will go well and soon you will be home and on an ice pack.
:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom