Hip feels like collapsing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggymom

senior
Country
United States United States
For about a week now I've been getting a feeling when I put weight and my hip like it collapses it gives away and I can't put weight on it for a few minute's and then I can barely put weight on it it hurts sooooo bad. This is a new thing and I'm in nesting mode so its not good. I'm having a constant deep burning pain on my groin. So glad within less than a months time I will be on the road to recovery. Christmas is all over sorted out and put away. The new year. Is knocking at the door. And its in the high 20 low 30 its so cold I live in California. I read here somewhere its summer. Ahhhh the warmth. Thank God for heaters and blankets and toasty socks. Thank you all for your support. Take care and have a blessed day.:flwrysmile: :prayer:

Are you using any walking aides @froggymom ? I had a hip collapse and the first thing my OS prescribed was crutches. You need something to help keep the weight off that hip until you have your op. Even a cane will help but I found one elbow crutch made all the difference.

Jaycey's right. You need to do everything possible to avoid stress on your damaged hip. Good for you for minimizing your activity. But do consider using a walker or crutches as well for those times you must move about.

Thank you jaycey and Jamie in the process of trying to use a cane it makes me unsteady I'll look into the elbow cane because I do agree the ease of weight is needed. Thank you for the much needed advice. Have a blessed day. Take care.:flwrysmile::prayer:

I can explain what is happening in your hip and why.

I had barely any ongoing pain, just what I refer to as a 'stone in the shoe' pain which came and went erratically. Sometimes it lasted for an hour, sometimes for a week but I knew what caused it so let me share that with you.

Arthritis has the effect of making our joints crumble like an old concrete step.

ai64.tinypic.com_wb2fr6.jpg

It breaks down, creating lots of grit and debris. Generally this stays in the pouches at the side of the joint but every so often, a bit gets into the weight bearing part of the joint and then we get that extreme pain and can't bear weight on the leg at all! Pain killers do nothing, nor do things like braces. We are just conscious of this horrible burning pain that all of a sudden goes away! It's every bit as disabling as the constant bone-on-bone pain so many others suffer and is a very good indicator that a joint replacement is needed.

Josephine I think your right between that pain and the bone on bone pain and no medicine nothing stops the pain. I'm on 10/325 percocet and that really isn't working. So I'll just bid my time and surgery will be soon. Thank you for your help.

Not long now @froggymom, hang in there. Please don't overdo all your tidying and moving (nesting) - I'm sure you're very busy preparing for the time ahead, but rest as much as you can so you can approach the day as comfortably as possible.

I identify with this terrible collapsing sensation too - the hip just gives way instantly, your knee buckles and you end up staggering almost dropping to the ground. Very painful and embarrassing if out. Very interesting to read Josephine's explanation. Thank you on behalf of everyone here for your constant presence, you must read pretty much everything here and leave your feedback on all the posts by way of ticks/likes etc very consistently :) It's nice to actually interact with you finally!

Hi Sunny girl:hi: nice to talk to you to. I really do spend a lot of time here. The people here have become quite the supportive family I need. I've been on this journey with my bones for years now and its reassuring to learn about everyone and how similar they are yet so diffrent I learn so many things. I'm spending a lot more time resting its to much now. I just can't take the pain so I rest. But now the holidays done its much easier. Thank you for being supportive. Take care and have blessed night.:prayer: :flwrysmile::sneaker:

I like the way you call it
this journey with my bones
@froggymom! As though you are taking them along for a ride, with the rest of you :) I hope the new year brings you all the relief you deserve, what a great start to 2017. Perhaps you could put your date in your signature to remind me when surgery is?

Sunny girl my surgery date is either the 11 or 18 of January the hospital will let the surgery scheduler no on January 5. My surgeon is booked past march. The whole thing has been quite frustrating. But this is my third joint replacement with this surgeon and he has a new surgery scheduler and its always like pulling teeth to get my date. I have to go into the office Friday so. Maybe I'll no something then.

Hope you'll find out more on Friday, good luck :) Great you can get the same OS - he must be good, being so booked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88