TKR Hip Bursitis and TKR

LZeno24601

Country
United States United States
Two weeks until LTKR. However, I've developed severe hip bursitis in my left hip (for about 6 months) which is wreaking havoc with my left knee. Major pain all the time behind the knee, shooting down through the calf and swinging around to the front of ankle. The worst pain affects the knee area. Can't straighten, can't bend. I push through it, but now that I'm getting close to surgery date, I'm concerned that I will not be able to recover from the TKR properly. I'd like to think the bursitis will magically disappear, but I'm thinking perhaps not.

Hi @LZeno24601 and welcome to BoneSmart!

Let us know the exact date of your LTKR so we can add you to our July (or August?) surgery team thread.

It is entirely possible that your bad knee is the source of your hip pain and not the other way around. That's what happened to me! Either way, here's an article that might be helpful: https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/trochanteric-bursitis-with-thr.5389/

As you prepare for your upcoming surgery, here are some other links you might find helpful:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Also, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Stick with us; there are lots of folks here who will be happy to share their personal experiences and answer your questions as you embark on your recovery journey.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom