Revision THR Hip and buttock pain'

Healing hugs, dear Zin.:friends:

@MammaT how are you feeling? Thinking and praying for you.

Just an update. Still in wheelchair back still a problem. Hip doesn’t hurt but no weight on it yet. Bored out of my mind. Lol. Started coloring your hand starts to hurt lol. I can’t wait for my Drs appt on the 21st so I can get out of wheelchair. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Feeling well @zinfandel. A bit of pain in butt, but given the swelling, I’m not surprised. Going to try not to overdo walking today. When you live alone, I think maybe you tend to do that. Planning trips around house a bit better.

Glad hip isn’t hurting. Hopefully when you are up and walking the back will ease up. Just don’t get carpal tunnel from over coloring! Going to try needlepoint today. Think I am to point of long enough alert spells.

Hope you find a distraction for today.

Not too much longer, Zin. I know you are tired of it, but so glad you are behaving. Don't want any setbacks now...or carpal tunnel either. Some more mindless TV?

I'll bet you are bored, my heart goes out to you @zinfandel
Only 10 more days until the doctor. You can do it! Look how far you've come.
What about a jigsaw puzzle? Or...I used to play this silly little game with my granddaughter
on the computer called Word Soup. Very easy but it was a distraction and I could get lost in it.
Hope the next ten days flies! Sending a hug and best wishes for a good day!

Hopefully the days will go quickly and your appointment will be here before you know it. Could you download some books to read?

Thank you @Layla and @Jackie222 I’ve definat taken advantage of Netflix. I’m just waiting for Wednesday so I can get the ok to start putting weight on it. Still have a long way to go. Last night was the first time I had discomfort that’s kept me up most of night. So hoping it’s just part of healing process.

@zinnia how are you doing? I hope all is going well.

Just read your story on revision surgery. It will get better as revision in my case was complicated and recovery went well. Wanted to encourage you and wish you a great recovery.
I felt like the image below entering surgery again, but after the surgery was behind me I was glad to have it done and on to a better quality of life.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 157
Hi Zinfandel. Hope you get great news Wednesday.
Sweet dreams:sleep:

Hi @zinfandel
I hope the discomfort you were feeling last evening has eased.
Hurry up Wednesday.....I'll bet you're excited for that!
Hope you sleep like a baby tonight :sleep:

@Layla thank you. Still feeling some discomfort but doing ok. Can’t wait for Wednesday!!! I’ll keep you posted

Good morning @zinfandel. Hopefully your last few days of non weight bearing. I remember when I had that restriction lifted I realized I wasn’t ready to go running down the road. Regular walking still took some time after that, but it got better quickly. At that time I did some pt to work on gait afterwards, but nothing strenuous. I actually think the biggest benefit I have received from pt for hips is self confidence, if that makes sense.

You have been a trooper through this. Hope Wednesday starts a new phase of recovery for you.

Dear Zinfandel, you've been so good about being patient.
Good luck Wednesday, and pinky swear you won't overdo if you get the green light.
Let's do this right. I'll be praying all goes well.

I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there. Sorry for the discomfort.
Hurry up Wednesday..
Hopefully you can relax a bit more after restrictions are lifted.
Stay in touch...a great Sunday to you!
@zinfandel

Well great news I’m healing well and can start walking now w walker and physical therapy next week. Thank you for everyone’s support!!! I just have to still be watched that bone grows in so cup doesn’t loosen again as dr believes that’s what happened. Hope everyone else is doing well

Wonderful news! So happy to hear it. I'll bet you're relieved.
Best of luck with PT next week, take it slow and easy.
Warm wishes as you continue healing.....hope you have a great weekend!
@zinfandel

So happy you've been set free! Just no racing around now K?

:loveshwr::yes!::yay:
So happy for good news!
You certainly deserve it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks