• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Hip 20 yrs old and never did any exercising!

Croyde06

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am proof that exercise is not needed to recover.

After a horrid 28 day stay and a revision in hospital I was on complete bed rest, not even allowed out for the commode apart from day 4 when the screws dislodged themselves and day 28 when it was a rush job to get me doing stairs before discharge.

My left hip is now 20 years old and still going strong, my consultant this time round was astounded at my range of movement in it and has advised I need to be cautious initially with my new right hip. I believe I gave my body time to heal from the trauma without the stress of physio at the same time.

This time round I’m on day 11, I have not intentionally done any physio although up walking every hour so as not to get stiff. I can get my self into bed easily and my knee bends to 90 deg on demand. I am quite happy with my recovery but each to their own

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LIFELADY
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom