THR Hi, Yearly update

Uh, oh....hope Mojo's not right and blessed with some type of intuition
that you're misbehaving. :no-fin:

Ninety motorcycles! Guess you like riding. May it long continue.
Hope you're doing well since you last stopped by.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@mcopt

@Mojo333 your vibes must be coming across on the Gulf stream ! Fortunately you are wrong well you may be right but certainly no problems at all so far (mustn't tempt fate though) Breaking myself back into work managing around the house with no stick at last I can appreciate the lack of bone on bone pain until you have gone through that you can't explain what its like it now feels like a heavy cloud has lifted, the bites seem to have healed well now and am off the antibiotics feel good in myself moving around a lot quicker than I have for ages I am being sensible honest did a bit of gentle spin bike this morning have physio Friday hoping then to get clearance to get in the swimming pool .
Thanks for keeping me in check ! Before I do anything now a little mojo pops up on my shoulder to rein me in !!

@Layla I think she has got the measure of me ! Even at this distance I don't want to upset her so I am being good . Mind you I have yet to roll over an ATV :snork: Yeah 90 bikes not all at once mind you perhaps its something I should have made a career out of instead of eyes !

Thank you for being good to yourself AND not sabotaging your good fortune.
Onward:egypdance:

Happy you have your new bike.
So much fun to ride and especially if you deal with the general public.
I like people very well, but need to get away from them at some point so I can like them again.
The bike just let's you be...

Don't be overdoing and don't fall.
You can't be so sneaky, if you tag me!:umm:
I think y'all like me to worry and have to holler at you :doh:

I'm very happy no complications with these hips nor yours, apparently.:)

@Mojo333 you are so right I enjoy working with people (most of them !) but you need that escape bikes have always done that for me (or skiing) its just me and the bike some people like to listen to music or connect their phone whilst on the bike to me its the purity of riding no interruptions or distractions . Not wishing to sound morbid but are you familiar with the Bob Segar track Roll me Away? I have told family thats the track to use when that final day comes and I am rolled away . Have a listen got a feeling thats your sort of music . Honestly being careful not going through all this to mess it up by my fault . Hsve a great weekend :wave:

Just waiting to be ridden !
20180602_112118-720x1280.jpg

You have me pegged.
Had Seger's Live Bullet album on 8 track :heehee:
That is also one of my favorite songs, never thought of it for a funeral dirge but that'd be awesome.
Also, great songs by Bob: Jody Girl and Love to Watch her Strut.
His growly voice is my kind of music.
Honestly being careful not going through all this to mess it up by my fault .
Please don't let some other dummy run over you. You know they don't look out for motorcyclists!

I love love love the color...how exciting.
I wouldn't be able to wait to ride it either.
Oh, re the ATV rollover, I am ever reminded of it so don't think I take it lightly.
I have a big dent in my leg..in the muscle with a hex nut shaped scar.
Shudder when I think of what it could've done.

Good taste ! It's always scarey looking back on these things and thinking what if thankfully all ok life is such a balance you can't not do things but having gone through something like hip replacement you do stop and think more about the consequences or is it just getting older?!? I always ride defensively and as if I am invisible and treat all drivers as idiots on mobile phones its all about survival out there.

Love your garage with couch canine.
Mrs. Mcopt ever banish you too the doghouse?
Not really punishment as all of your toys are in there!

@mcopt Looks like you've got quite the man cave there! Bob Seger grew up in the town I live in, so he's a local hero. Went to the same high school my husband (and my kids!) attended. His song "Main Street" is about growing up in my town.

Nice! @mcopt I like the shade of green.
Looks like quite the place to escape and listen to tunes while polishing your bike.
I'll bet your fur buds like chillin there with you too.
Hope you get to ride soon.
Have a great Sunday!

:wave:Hi there!
Hoping all is well with you...???
6 weeks out from double hippy status, and wondering how your recovery is going ?
If you are back to work, I suspect that energy drain has you whomped by day's end.
Update us when you are able.
We need proof of life! :tada:

He's gone on his merry way :hog:
Ditched us like a bad habit :bawl:
We're left with nothing but the memories :boohoo:
But we'll soldier on :climb: at least we'll try :bicycle2:

All the while missing you :cry:

Is it working....do you feel really bad? :heehee:

Hope you're scarce because you're doing well and living life. After all, that's what this is all about.
But we'll sure miss you! :friends:
@mcopt

Hi thought I would just take a little break ! Been busy catching up on thing I can now do like walking, putting shoes on etc you know all those mundane things in life bad hips rob us of . Seriously doing well thanks I have my check up with consultant next friday and a physio session have started back at gym but keeping out of pool as would you believe one of those stupid insect bites I had just after op still is not fully healed its right on the bony shin and keeps getting irritated by simple things like trousers and bed clothes I have I think finally beaten it though by wearing a loose dressing most of the time it now seems to be finally healing can't believe this has taken longer to heal than my new hip have managed a few longish motorcycle rides all very comfy finally feel I am getting a life back . Only niggle that could be on the horizon is a bit of knee ache hoping its just adapting to walking again and once I build the leg muscles up and loose a bit of weight it should sort itself out if not I will be moving over to the knee group:umm: thanks for your thoughts :wave:

Thanks for letting me know all is Well.
Good for you, happy you are riding and living life.
I'm smiling!:)

Hi Martin @mcopt , I enjoyed reading about you and that you're fine. Hope you knee will get better. I've heard knee replacements are complicated and often not really necessary. Germany and the UK are 2 countries where a lot of knee replacements are performed - apparently this has been on the increase in the past few years.

I like the photo of the garage with the motorbike, the sofa and the dogs. Great photo. It must be fun in that garage. In Germany it's not really allowed to use garages for things other than vehicles but people do it anyway - and use them as workshops or gyms. Their cars are parkeed by the side of the road - the garages are too small for SUVs anyway.

I've done my triathlon - a Half-Ironman - on 3rd June. It was fun. We're off to Devon and Cornwall. I wish you good health - Constanze

Hi @mcopt
It's so nice to read your update. Love that things are going well for you.
Can't believe that pesky bite is still hanging on. Hopefully you're right and it will soon be history.
You'll have to let us know how your appt with the consultant goes next week.
Wishing you a fabulous Summer!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online