THR Hi, Yearly update

Ha ha yeah I am functioning in fact bits of me are functioning without me knowing have managed to wet the bed a couple of times think the spinal was more effective on other parts this time but getting feeling back everywhere now ..poor nurses :blush:. Everyone at hospital have been very nice a lot recognised me from last time . Feeling very comfy so far and dry now ! surgeon was very pleased with the results so far have had nice sandwich and watching a bit it of TV . Good news the NICE guidance has changed and it is no longer felt necessary to wear TED stockings great as not very stylish with shorts in the summer also blood thinning injections only needed for 10 days followed by a month of aspirin however discussed this with surgeon and we both felt it might be best to keep injections going for a month worked last time so reluctant to change . Can't wait to get on and try new leg out I reckon I should be able to get my leg over and get out on the Harley in 2 weeks !! only joking @Mojo333 there is always this little mojo voice in my ear when I think about pushing things too far I do not want to upset you even 4000 miles away . They are planning to get me up tommorow for physio . Thanks for all your thoughts :flwrysmile:

And just like that! So pleased for you to have this behind you!
Yay for no TEDS-

I peed on the bathroom floor a couple of times because the measurement device on the toilet wasn't set quite right. Luckily the toilet seat was so high that my feet didn't get wet. Wasn't much I could do about it, but a little embarrassing! I'm sure your nurses have seen worse. Good to hear that all is well so far!

You've heard of projectile vomiting? My oldest decided to have a bout of projectile pooping just as I was changing a diaper. Try explaining that one to the dry cleaner! I'm sure the nurses have dealt with much worse (or they would that threatened to cath you after the first episode). Probably the last time they let the patient drink fluids on the day of the op, though. :heehee:

Hahaha! I wet the bed in recovery too. I think I was too loopy to even be embarrassed.
You seem happy and I'll bet relieved. It's nice to see your humor intact so soon. :heehee:
Hope they continue to take good care of you and keep your pain under control.
Wishing you a night of comfortable rest. The yucky part is now behind you :yes!:
@mcopt

So so glad you're out of surgery and okay.:yahoo:
Thought alot of you today and if I'd know tonight.
Thanks for posting.
My voice is anything but little as I've been told...
So don't you forget it.:whistle:
Relieved you are all done.:)

Congratulations for your op, Martin @mcopt. I wish you a good recovery. I feel for you about that spinal and sedation. I also had that method of anaesthetic. While it keeps you out of pain for at least 24 hours, it's peculiar, not feeling anything below the groins. The feeling in my toes came back first. They kept me lying flat on my back for hours with an intravenous drip (just salty water or something) to stabilise my blood circulation as they said. I got so bored and so hungry. But my first walk 24 hours later was successful. Do report how your first walk went.

My cycle ride - 98 km - went well. I did it today rather than yesterday (we had guests). The weather is beautiful now. Take care - Constanze

Saw consultant this morning he had checked x rays all good nice matching pair now he reckons:froggies:bloods came back all clear and physio had me up and walking on crutches not too bad for day 1 feeling little sore and achey now so enough for today . Any idea how to change my thread title anyone ?

I think you just have to tell one of the forum advisors what you want for a title and they'll fix it up for you.

Hi @Constanze was just poting same time as you ! Glad cycling went well I have been told by consultant I can get syraight back on to my spin bike obviously light load and short time to start and build up he is also comfortable for me to swim when wound is healed I only do breaststroke and he was quite happy with that and the leg movement again easy to start.
You will find a huge improvement getting your cataract treated you have had a large myopic shift which is quite typical with a nuclear cataract (normal type )gone from5 to 10 are you only having one treated ? If so my only concern would be that they treat the myopia with an implanted lens so you would have a big difference between your 2 eyes not a problem if ypu continue wearing a contact lens in the untreated eye but spectacles would make you notice the imbalance between the 2 eyes and may be difficult to tolerate the ideal situation would be to have both eyes treated even if there is not too much cataract in the other one you should have good distance vision in both eyes without contacts or specs you may however need glasses just for reading and close work I hope this makes sense ! Ask me if not sure :)

Hi @mcopt
It sounds like you’re having a good day. Great news!
Good report from the doc and you’re up and moving.
Put down the new thread title you’d like in a post and a mod will change it for you.
Hope the rest of your day is peaceful!

So gland to hear that you have both ops behind you now. The one big surprise for me postop is how fast time seems to be flying by. I thought it would be the opposite. Yay to no more hip pIn! I wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery @mcopt .

Hi @mcopt ,
You're doing extremely well. Sounds as though the procedures in early recovery are similar to mine. Walking with crutches etc. I was also able to get on an exercise bike 8 days after the op and go swimming 11 days after the op (when the incision was no longer weeping) (there is a great swimming pool at the rehab centre at Wiesbaden where I had my rehab after my hospital stay)
...And: Yes, they will replace the lenses in both my eyes. They'll do it at an interval of about a week. They don't do bilateral like they do with hips hahaha :). I would need 5 weeks off work. But first, I'll have my triathlon and my summer holiday in England. I wish you a great time with 2 new hips (my other hip doesn't need replacing - strange, isn't it?) - Best - Constanze

@mcopt hi Martin glad it went well. I too woke up in recovery shivering because I was wet. The funny thing is the nurse when I told her was shocked. Seriously love, you have pumped 8 litres of fluids into me with no cathatar and I have no feeling from the waist down..........mmmm surprise!!!! Have a good day

Hope you are having in there and everyone is being good to you.
I can imagine you are ever so relieved (no pun intended) to be done.
I hope you are able to get home soon and be able to iced and medicated on your own time.
Add Layla said, just let us know what you want your new thread to be...Two down?
We will get it fixed up for you.
Hope pain is minimal and your day is peaceful.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts