Hi y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pedal craft looks awesome!

I hate to tell you this, Gringo, but I AM GOING TO BEAT YOU AFTER ALL!

I've just had a phone call from the hospital - all my pre-op tests (like those you have just described!) are OK, and my surgeon has a cancellation for tomorrow - so I'll be all done by this time tomorrow.

And - it's a beautiful sunny day, with a good forecast for the week. Pity I'm going to be stuck in a hospital ward, but, never mind, in a couple of weeks I'll be out on our coastal path.

I won't be in contact till I get out, so I wish you well.

Wow! Well, I guess that's one quick way to eliminate an entire week of anxiety.

Good luck, and please let us know how things are going as soon as you can get to the internet again. I will be online right through all this, since the hospital has told me that they do indeed have wireless in all the patient rooms and common areas.

I was willing to give you a day's head start, but I am not sure that a week's head start falls under the heading of being a good sport...

Still, we'll see. I can get kinda intense.

Wow! Cograts, stives! Look forward to seeing you back here again in a few days. All the best.

Oh man....I just got an email from OS's office, and my TKR has been moved up a day. So it's Monday, the 27th. I am emailing them photos of the knee to see if they think any of these scuff marks and scabs are an issue.

If I had not heard about that here on this forum, I would not have thought to ask them.

Hmm..

Gringo,

I was driving my car with the manual transmission short distances just two weeks after my left tkr. I had a very fast initial recovery with this knee so this was much faster then most should expect. I found stepping on the clutch was a good exercise for recovery.

I know what you mean about the pain and stepping on the clutch prior to knee replacement. I live in the DC area which is one of the worst traffic areas in the country. My use of the clutch on the local parking lot, errrrr highway, can't be counted. Imagine an hour or two at a time continuously pressing up and down.

Good luck to you and stives next week!
Karen

Good luck, Gringo!! We'll be waiting to hear from you. Hope all goes smoothly and you're back in tropical paradise very soon.

Good luck for Monday, Gringo. I've been there, got done, and came home today. Legs feel good and strong for the first time in years. Will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing all about your speedy recovery.

Thanks, y'all. We are in a hotel room in Houston at the moment, and I check into the hospital tomorrow morning, surgery scheduled for 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. I really don't expect to be out of there until Thursday, from what I have now been hold. A physicians assistant and orthopedic nurse I met with Friday told me that after looking at my x-rays, she was wondering how I was even walking. I do have internet in the hospital though, so you might be hearing from me as soon as Tuesday.

But it's all on schedule, so far.

YAY Gringo!!! So it's almost time! Can't wait to hear how well you did! Think positive, man! Bring that patience & cool sense of humor to the hospital with you! We'll be waiting to hear from you once you're on the other side! G-d bless!!!! :)

Best of luck, Gringo. You'll be fine and it will be over in no time now. Have a final Margarita toast to your old knees for all their hard work and look ahead to pain free days!

Gringo,
The wait is all most over. And then you will be on the otherside. I hope that you will be back on by Tues. giving us a blow by blow funny story about it all!! Tell your wife that she must also exhale, it will all be ok!! You are about to start a new life adventure of learning how to enjoy life again!
^i^
RTKR on Jan 14 2009
LTKR on March 6 2009

Gringo,
Good luck with the procedure tomorrow. Just think, you are on the road to recovery after the surgery! Also the road to getting your life back and doing the things you love to do.......
I got golf clubs this weekend, shoes, a glove, balls, and all the rest of the paraphernalia! Went and took a golf lesson and had a wonderful afternoon today.
Yeah!
Keep your spirits up....... It gets better by the day.
Best,
Crystal

Best of luck Gringo. Hope all goes well, and I'll look forward to hearing all about your experiences. Just remember to take the painkillers so that you can do the exercises. It then won't hurt, but it will be hard work for a while. Big strong bloke like you - you'll sail right through.

I am amazed that I have straight legs again, and so will you be. Mine were splaying out, the opposite to you I think. I've been resurrecting all the trousers I haven't worn for years as they emphasised the crooked legs - I've now got a whole new set of trousers to wear. Brilliant!

Of course, you wear shorts most of the time in your part of the world, and with your lifestyle. It's too cold here for me to do that as a rule.

Will be thinking about you. It would be good to get an up-date from the hospital. I hope the nurses can cope with your sense of humour though!

Val

Well, it's good to hear from you, friend. And I pray that by this time tomorrow you'll be sitting up in bed yelling for food! God bless you!

Hey, Gringo!! Tomorrow will be a week since my surgery. I still have pain and stiffness, of course, but this surgery was so worth it! I am now bionic. They can rebuild us!!!

I swear I was running my mouth in the operating room and the next thing I knew they were wheeling me into my hospital room. The surgery is, in my mind, the easiest part of this equation. The battling back is where all the fun begins. (Why aren't you laughing?) My rehab is going to take awhile. I'm patient. I just want a knee that doesn't hurt me every minute of the day. I will soon have that. And you will too as of tomorrow afternoon.

You're a rock star! Have I told you that lately?

http://surfandthefury.blogspot.com

Gives a whole new meaning to the saying "It's all over bar the shouting"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts