Lounge Doctor
Ask the Expert Webinar

Hi y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas

alpha
Hey Gringo are you doing better on your new medicine? Does your Island have like tourist places. You know like the bahamas or some other Islands. Do you have that there. That place is so pretty and with so much to do I would hope. I have been on your Web site and its so pretty. Have you all set any kind of date yet. Like before or after the next surgery............Hope you are getting better relirf now....

OP
OP
G

Gringo

senior
Sorry I didn't answer this sooner. Yes, we have tourist areas, and resorts. Not as big as the Bahamas or Caymans, or Mexico. It's more low key. The population of this entire little nation is only around 35-40,000 people. It's just a bare notch from a third world country, really.

new knee continues to improve almost daily. Ten and a half weeks out and I have full ROM and am building strength. It really shows up the natural knee, which is on it's last legs...(ha ha).

Yesterday, just for the heck of it, I decided to forego any and all pain meds just to see how it went. It went well. I spent the day working on a Land Rover, walking up and down a really steep driveway etc. No probs.

So I didn't take my traditional pain med last night at bedtime either. Slept all night through. Hallelujah.

Texas

alpha
Wow you have come along way. All the work you do. I have started working outside but with the heat. wow terrible. I do alot of house work as well. I cant work on cars so thats out. lol. But your right it does feel better getting out there when you can..Thanks for that lil push...Glad your doing well.....As far as the Islands. I would prob rather low key, gets way to crowed sometimes other places...Your place is beautiful though.

Country
United States United States
Gringo, I got to say you did great I;ll prayer that your other knee does as well as this one, Happy 4 th of July!

Motherofmany

graduate
Gringo,

Thanks for the advice on the Surgery Report. Picked mine up today at the hospital while I was there for test. Interesting read. Had no idea all they had done. Will have to research some of the stuff and ask questions next time I see my OS.

By the way, where exactly is your island. I'm starting geography with my children and thought it would be fun to show them where the bonesmart people live. Never been very good at geography, so I'm going to enjoy learning. The pictures you post are amazing, what a beautiful area you live!

Thanks for sharing and encouraging the rest of us. So glad your new knee is doing well for you and you're looking forward to the other one.

Blessings,

OP
OP
G

Gringo

senior
Ah, Geography! always one of my favorite subjects. Growing up, I had two criteria for what I wanted to do. I wanted to work in the ocean, and I wanted to see the world. And it worked out just exactly like that.

We live in the Turks and Caicos Islands, which is a small country. Politically it is a British Overseas Territory. They lump all their Territories under the name British West Indies. The Caymen Islands are a 'sister' country, even though they are no where near us.

These islands are about an hour and fifteen minutes by commercial airliner Southeast of Miami. Or about five days sail.

We live on a small hill, about fifty feet above the sea, on the south side of Providenciales:

We dive and boat and fish a lot. It's usually sunny here, and the wind is just about always blowing from the East or Northeast. Called the Trade Winds. The temperature stays mostly between about 65 and 90 degrees, all year round. Those are the extremes. Average daily temps are just about always in the 80's. High 70's/low 80's in the winter, high 80's in the summer.

Judles

alpha
Country
Gringo! Thanks for sharing! You're out verbal post card! I can't wait to visit one day!!! :)

Motherofmany

graduate
Sounds AMAZING! Thanks for sharing. Glad everything has worked out for you as you planned!

When I was a little girl I wanted to be a teacher (have been a home educator for 14+ years), a veternarian (have 1 horse, 2 dogs, 1 hermit crab, 1 gerbil, 2 guinea pigs, 6 cats, and 6 kittens) and a mother (well that goes without saying). Guess I got what I wanted too.

Life is good...eternal life is better!!!

OP
OP
G

Gringo

senior
Dang it.

I just got some info from my insurance company. They are saying that the other knee is not covered, calling it a non-disclosed pre-existing condition. Well, yeah, two and a half years ago when I was filling in that application, it wasn't bothering me. And i also didn't list finger joints, neck, ankles, elbows, hips, and toes that were not bothering me at the time, either.

In any case, I am already looking into alternatives. I just found out that I can get a knee replaced in India for less than $ 6K USD!

I always wanted to see Goa...

Surfsister

senior
Don't get me started on the insurance companies! Why do we even have them? They are there to make money, not to help us. An insurance company is just as likely to drop a person from coverage as it is to cover a claim.

How are you today, Gringo?

Texas

alpha
Gringo I know what you mean but watch the Dr ya know. Just because you want it down, be careful. I already wrote. I am resp. for about 47,000. were I will get that from IDk. Thats not what I was told before. Yet I met my ded and it should have been paid at 100%...I will fight it they are crazy......I had 3 surg in 4 mths right prior to this I had everything met..sometimes I do wonder if the NHS would be better. .IDk I know this does stink.......Fight that Gringo. I am......Good luck to you...

loggon

big-cheese
Gringo
Had you gone to the doctor or had any prescription meds for that
knee 1 to 2 years prior? Check your application you completed.

If you had not gone to the doctor for what ever time they asked about or taken prescription meds. you have a good case to fight this with.

Too many people just let the insurance companies run all over them.
I have been in the business so long, I even use to teach it and advise judges and lawyers on what was covered and not. I have had my own agency for over 25 years. I just do not understand letting a Company get by with anything. Never had to solicit any business it was all by referrel. I am working on a case out of Boston now. That Company is not going to get away with anything.

I just get so upset when I see folks being taken advantage of.

Fight Fight Fight all it takes is time and a whole lot of pushing on your nerves lot of hair pulling but you need to fight it. And call your agent, they should help!

OK Now I step down off my soap box.

Country
Gringo, I had someone that tryed to talk me into going to India for my knee and I did look online about it,so the next time when I saw that person he was with his mother that needs a knee replacement and she said there was no way that she would go over there for one and the kicker of this story is this person used to live in India,that change my mind, what about changing Insurance companys?

OP
OP
G

Gringo

senior
Guess I could wait and see what Obama is going to do about insurance.

On the other knee, about twenty years ago I had a scope on it, they snipped out a small piece of meniscus. IT got swollen a couple years later and they did the drain and steroid thing.

loggon

big-cheese
Gringo
If it was 20 yrs ago and then 2 years after that and you have not had any medical treatment in past 5 to 10 years it is not considered pre exsisting. You really need to fight this.

Texas

alpha
I agree I thought pre exsisting was 1 yr now...Dont wait on our Govt are you kidding......You will never get that knee done......They are still making tunnels for those turtles that cant cross the road look it up no joke 3 million dollars .(really google 3 mill for turtle tunnels) amazing. That would do alot knees....

Country
Gringo,
You really need to fight this!!! We were asked for anything 5 years back. Further back was not asked for. They are trying to bully you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TKR. 2019