hey skichick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferG

supremo
Country
United States United States
Today was her day. edk reminded me. hope it goes well and we'll see ya on the flip side! Post as soon as you are able. Jen
PS. You'll be probably feeling pretty good come the next snow season.

The FIRST of many milestones.....moving from the "pre-op" to the "post-op" side of the BoneSmart forum! Hooray!!!

You should be at 10 days skichick. How ya doing? In Rehab, Home? Hope you are good and that we hear from you soon! jen

I'm alive... but my foot is not. Nerve damage awaiting the outcome.
9 days post op....
PT: 102 flexion, 3 extension, able to get all the way around on exercise bike.
Drove my Mom's car to PT (automatic instead of my 5 speed Audi...)

Not willing to sit around the house waiting for someone else to tell me it's ok to move. Although exhausted from going out to PT, it was good for me, I slept a few hours afterwards and I'm going out for my birthday tomorrow (4/17).
Barb

Great to hear from you! Sounds like you are doing well with the new knee judginig from your being able to DRIVE and get around! Hope there will be some better news about yoru foot, though!

Happy Birthday! Good numbers, I was able to do the bike as well. The 102 Probably helped if I made a semi-educated guess. Is the nerve damage in your foot or around the knee and incision area? I was told the knee numbness was due to swelling and obviously what was hit when they cut, but would return 90% or more. As for foot? i don't know. Just watch your fatigue factor, it even kicks tough butt! Good to hear from you.

Most of my pain post op was in the popliteal area which means the nerve that innervates the heel and sole was affected. I originally thought it was due to the femoral block, but as my nephew explained to me that is all anterior. Because my pain was popliteal (behind the knee) that isolated the nerve. the whole bottom of my foot is in varying degrees of numbness and tingling, feels like i'm walking on rocks, keeps me awake at night. This part really sucks and did not bargain for this.
The other thing is, why do i have to get this info from my nephew instead of my surgeon who just said, I've had 3 cases like this and it could take 1-3 months to improve without any explaination....

Boy, Skichick, I would sure provide that feedback to your doctor on the next visit. I think feedback is important and a person who wants to be a good surgeon would like to know when they left a patient with unanswered questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks