THR Here We Go Again!

@Barbaraj glad you had a good day and evening. Love the glitter tattoo and the brand's are cuties. The trivia and tacos sound a plan, have a good rest of the weekend!

Ooh, just discovered something good about toddler walking up the stairs! Our stairs are carpeted, in a light green/grey color, and walking "toddler style" means if I keep my head down I can see, and then gently bend forward to pick up, bits of lint! That's me, the human vacuum cleaner. Makes slow stair walking somehow seem more productive.

I love your glitter tatt and your grandkids pictures. It looks like you had a lovely day! Your story of picking up lint really resonated with me as at first I could see it but do nothing now i can! Happy happy to be able to have the house looking better than it has done for weeks :loll:

A lovely Monday morning here in the PNW, although definitely going to be heating up by midafternoon. My husband and I have been to the grocery store for provisions, and I've had a lovely shower and leg shave also. All's feeling better in my world. Finally noticing that horrid rash around the incision has considerably dried up. The entire area, for about 2 inches out all around the incision is reddened, but no new blisters forming. I do have some lesser blistering remaining outside of that (and those blisters, unaccountably, itch whereas the ones directly under the glue strip never did) but definitely feeling like--whew--I am on the mend.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day for me. I did laundry and puttered about a bit but my husband was gone all morning and by the time he got home I was feeling a bit listless with the heat and didn't feel like getting out for a constitutional. Late in the afternoon my brother stopped by, and we all went to bar trivia last night--and, happy to report, despite our two week absence we did pretty well, slamming our nearest competition by 5,000 points to take first place! Plus as it's "Taco Sunday" at the bar, neither my husband nor I had to cook and were able to wolf down tacos and tater tots for dinner. Sure, it wasn't the healthiest of meals (I virtuously bought ingredients at the store today to make a grilled chicken main dish salad for dinner tonight) but a little grease isn't the worst thing every once and awhile. Downloaded a bunch of new mysteries onto my Kindle as I suspect I'll be reading today, as venturing out into the heat doesn't seem appealing to me. And I did get a bit of a walk in with the grocery store trip this morning.

Hip feeling much the same this morning--the usual morning stiffness and ache, but no worse than the last few days even if no significant improvement. Yes, I know, I'm just shy of three weeks and, all things considered, doing pretty well but like all recovering hipsters I am impatient. This Wednesday will be three weeks since surgery so that's when I'll look back and try to compare how I'm doing to the last few weeks. Considering that I'm walking without assistive device, no narcotic medications (just the extra-strength Tylenol before bedtime) and my rash is on the mend, I am doing pretty darn good. Just--argh--feels slow.

@Barbaraj
Yippee!! Glad that nuisance of a rash is starting to go away. Hope you enjoy one of your mysteries! Intrigued by the bar trivia night. Sounds really fun. Is it a neighborhood meet up place? My husband is Mr. Trivia. Always spouting off funny information he’s tucked in his brain from daily reading. Sounds like you are both great at it. Impressive for just shy of three weeks! You’re making this look easy. :tada:

It seems like we all have a case of the blah's just now. Weird how it all comes at once isnt it? Great that you got out to do some normal stuff and your incision blisters are retreating. Walking with no aids? Fantastic! My incision looks like a great big dent in my backside. Try not to look at it much and hope it will fill out a bit

Bar trivia sounds fun. Out with family and catching up with friends in a uplifting environment. I enjoyed bartending with the regulars, good times. They would have karaoke that was always fun. There was good local talent along with "I think I have talent". Bartender's job is not only serve drink but also to keep the atmosphere happy. I did enjoy that time in my life. :cheers: keep on keeping on girl, you do inspire.

You're doing sooooo well. Rockin around without any walking aids! Im still wussing out a bit in the name of avoiding the dreaded waddle, but slowly using my one crutch less and less.

Sometimes it's good to be out and socialize, sometimes it's good to just be a hermit and pamper yourself. Happy continued soft tissue healing to you, my knowledgeable veteran! :thumb:

It's a cloudy start to the day, which should boost my spirits as it means things are cooler outside, and my sleep tracker noted that I got 8+ hours of sleep last night, with only one bathroom break. So, I should be feeling good, right? But maybe the lack of sunshine is affecting my mood as I'm just feeling a bit surly this morning. There is nothing on my agenda today except that my younger son is coming over around noon so I can iron some clothes for him, and use our lint brush (we have an extra which I intend to give to him) to remove the layer of dog hair which litters all of his clothing. He's needs a couple of changes of clothing for a photo shoot tomorrow and virtually all of his clothing is rumpled and dusted with dog hair. He's 24 but the practical realities of living are sometimes out of his reach. Mom to the rescue!

The trivia on Sunday nights are at a local bar, @Fit4Family, which, but for the fact my son hosts it and a good friend is the bar owner, I would not patronize, not being a huge fan of bars in general. It is definitely a dive bar, a neighborhood bar in a small town just to the north of us, but only about a 10+ minute drive so very convenient. And, @julesglass, they do have karaoke right after trivia but, needless to say, I've never stayed for that. I am completely tone deaf. I was the only one of my siblings who escaped taking piano lessons since, after only a few lessons, the piano teacher told my mother she'd be "throwing good money after bad"! I sang hymns in church as a youngster, as we attended regularly when I was growing up, but my voice undoubtedly got buried in the singalong, and wasn't called out for being as dreadful as it undoubtedly must have been.

Okay, it's a new day and I'm hoping my gloomy mood (yes, I know I'm doing well and have no excuses for feeling crabby this morning, but I am TIRED of recovery and TIRED of everything taking so long to do, and TIRED of not feeling like me!) will fade. Time to check in on a few more threads and then start the laborious undertaking of Getting Dressed in the Morning. Argh!

my younger son is coming over around noon so I can iron some clothes for him, and use our lint brush
Afraid I had to read these two statements twice. He is 24 and you are ironing for him? Wow - can't even go there. :scratch:

Sorry are you feeling blue. I remember the "I'm tired of this" feeling especially after my second THR. Sometime you feel like it is taking forever.

Hang in there - the good days filled with activity are on the horizon!

Ha, ha, @Jaycey, it is pretty amazing, isn't it? 24 going on 10, it feels like. But, he doesn't own an iron and seems oblivious on a ongoing basis about the rumpled, dog hair look. His girlfriend seems tidier although she's got two cats and both of them are a bit shaggy at times with animal fur bits. I did roll my eyes when he asked if he could come over and I could "help" him iron (kid speak for "will you do this for me, pretty please?") but it will be good to see him, and we can chat while I'm standing over the ironing board.

I know better days are on the horizon and I well remember this treacherous and difficult time from hip #1. Once you're able to get up and about reasonably well, the time drags and you're much more impatient. I know I'll get there eventually but, sheesh, this journey is exasperatingly slow! But thanks for the reminder of good times ahead.

Oh the memories of the rumpled son with cat hair instead of dog hair. His idea of ironing was throwing his shirt in dryer for a few minutes, pulling it out and putting it on. While I am known to do this sometimes it's usually because they have slight wrinkles from being crowded when hung, not the balled up in the laundry basket for weeks. :snork:

Memories of 20 yo daughter coming home from college to visit Mom and Dad

um
no
Dragging a sailbag full of dirty laundry
To be fair I trained her to do laundry at age 10
By turning her underwear pink
I forgot to sort. She never trusted me with her laundry again

I ironed my dad's shirts (starched) when I was a little girl---about 8, because my mom had had both breasts removed from cancer and couldn't do it. I vowed then and there that I would never be a slave to an iron. I do own one, but only use if when sewing to press seams or for craft projects. Otherwise I do all of my "ironing" via shaking, or using the dryer, which I have down to an art:) Never taught any of my kids how to iron either---when my oldest was about 5 she saw my mom ironing and asked her what she was doing, and what that thing was. My mom was shocked.:heehee: I have a friend who loves to iron---even irons her sheets. That shocking to me.:yikes: Each to his/her own I guess.....but I know for a fact none of my kids would ever ask for my help in that regard.However, I know at least 2 out of the 4 know how to iron----not sure about the other two---I'll have to ask:) I agree, @Barbaraj that sometimes it nice to still have them "need" our help, our advice, etc. for whatever random reason. And any excuse to spend time with busy adult children is always welcomed!:loveshwr:(Especially if they reciprocate and help us out sometimes as well.)

Hear hear @Debru4 . I iron as little as possible myself. I have been known to leave crumpled clothes so long in the ironing basket they went straight to the charity shop... And 4 sons did their own laundry for as long as I can remember! I may have ironed the odd shirt before a job interview but that's all.
@Barbaraj So sorry. I remember this feeling well and I still get it for no reason. Hard to remember it will pass, usually by the evening in the same day. Try the lemon balm tea and multi vitamins and comedy shows? I'll let you know if this CBD oil does anything for me...

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back