THR Here We Go Again!

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
United States United States
Okay, setting up post-op thread tonight as tomorrow is the Big Day--surgery check in at 5:30 AM (big yawn...) so should be the first surgery of the day, done before noon, in recovery and begging for coffee! Thinking optimistic thoughts about this surgery being just like last time--not fun, but not as dreadful as I worried it might be the first go around. So, I'm nervous and anxious but not fearful. It's all good--I can do this! More as soon as I'm able to post after surgery. Looking forward to getting my life back--fully bionic in 2020--wahoo!

Wishing you a peaceful night, hopefully you get a little sleep. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a great outcome tomorrow. You've got this!
:friends:

Hoping for a smooth surgery tomorrow! I also checked in at 530a...early! But I figure my surgeon was nice and fresh :) 2 THR's in one year....that's a lot to deal with but YES it will be all over and you will be on the road to a full recovery with no more nagging hip pain. I also will need my other side at some point and have a matching set.

Thinking of you this morning. Sending prayers and ❤️ for a successful outcome today. Will watch for updates.

Go @Barbaraj !
It sounds silly, but one of the things I “enjoy” about surgery (there has to be a better verb than ‘enjoy’, but my Tramadol-enhanced brain is not able to come up with it) is the feeling of turning everything over to the experts, and just letting go of all the decision-making and tasks that we normally have to do every day.
Best wishes and see you on other side.

Oh today was the day and I missed it. Waiting for you on the other side. Sleep well, be pain-free and seize this day as a move into the realm of no pain and getting your life back.

Sitting, well, lying here in recovery room and trying to summon up enthusiasm. On one hand, it’s over—two new hips to keep me going for, I hope, a long, long time! But feeling tired and left hip and leg are achy. Ice pack on my hip and just got some extra strength Tylenol.

Surgery went well, I think (haven’t seen my OS) and recovery also seems okay so far. Despite having nothing to drink other than a few sips of water to take pre-surgical pills, l am apparently peeing like a racehorse! Had an accident (with spinal still in effect I wasn’t even aware I did this!) and then when bed pads were changed I filled up a bed pan! They must pump in a ton of liquid in you during surgery, I’m guessing.

Darling husband brought me a latte which I guzzled, and a great fruit and cheese tray for lunch which I am still picking off this afternoon. Hubby left after an hour, home to take a much needed nap but will return for a visit this evening.

Will see if I can take a walk before bedtime to help really tire me out, and ask for some oxy which will help knock me out. Yes, it makes me fog headed but in a busy and noisy hospital ward it kills the pain and aching, and will help me sleep. The spinal has worn off almost completely now so I am more aware of how my hip and thigh are feeling, not really serious pain but deep aching in that whole area. It is manageable but feeling a wee bit cranky.

Dealing with grumpiness by using my cellphone for texts, emails and Bonesmart postings!

Happy hippy Wednesday to all!

OOh sounds like you are taking in stride but that pain thing is a real downer. Hope they get that under control soon. I had a beaute of a time while in the hospital with them trying to find the right cocktail. Sounds like hubby is very supportive and you had a nice lunch. Don,t ask about mine though--still trying to forget. No ipecac needed just have to remember that food.
Forge onward and post,post.

I guess it’s not pain so much as a deep aching which somehow doesn’t quality as pain, at least so far. Very much aware of it as I’m writing this but I’m able to mostly distract myself, @mikeycat. And still munching on lunch: cheese and fruit plate with fresh strawberries, pineapple, blueberries and grapes and small chunks of uninteresting mild cheddar—but a small container of candied walnuts which are quite yummy. As I said before I will definitely have the strong stuff before bedtime—I am not a martyr to discomfort and coping at night is 10 times worse than daytime!

Glad it all went smoothly and that you are keeping the post-surgery pain in check. Sleep well tonight!
:yawn::sleeep:

Welcome back.. Even though you jilted me in taking another date...:heehee:

Did you have GA or spinal? The cheese plate sounds lovely.. and the latte.. though I would prefer iced...:loll: I do forget you're in the PNW the latte capital of the world!

What no selfie??? Rest easy and sleep please..

There you are @Barbaraj! :wave:

Been checking in off and on all day waiting for you to post. You're sounding well, lunch seriously is way more appetizing than what I had! :loll:
Hoping you rest easy tonight and get some sleep, at least as much as possible in a hospital! Hugs!

Thank you so much for posting! I have been checking in today to see you pop up on this side, and am so happy you are doing as well as you are! It sounds like DH knows how to keep you in appetizing snacks and you know how to manage the rest! Sweet dreams (one can hope)!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back