TKR Here we go again

Well done you! Obviously a very determined lady, The Inca Trail and now a wedding just after a TKR.
I wish you a successful and speedy recovery.

You looked beautiful and no one could even tell you were in pain! What a strong lady you are! Now, you have earned time off for the next two to three months!

Thanks - I'm suffering now after a busy weekend at the wedding !! My knee is still very swollen and stiff , I try to do my exercises but are painful so I'm not getting the bend !! I'm 16 days post op but I feel this time I'm struggling!
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1470408222.833550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hiya, don't despair, 16 days is nothing. I used to get very frustrated with my second knee, but when I looked back at my posts for the first I was actually doing quite well, and of course they will both heal in totally different ways, so we can't really compare them.
Don't worry about the bend, it will come, but it will take time, sorry, but you just need to relax and have patience.
I don't know about you, but the second time round I didnt get any where near as many visitors, it was close to Christmas so everyone was busy, I wasn't at work, so ex colleagues weren't as aware of my op and generally I think people thought 'she's been through it all before, she doesn't need us this time'. I know I was very bored.
Good luck, sending hugs xx

Thanks@ ellejay . True no one bothered even at the wedding We've moved since last knee op so not many visitors or family visited ... Also I've forgotten what I was like with my progress !! Glad you seem to be doing so well most of us from a few years ago have been back with our other leg !! Xx

Your knee needs some rest after this weekend. Don't worry about exercises, just let the swelling and soreness go back down. You won't lose any ROM and will gain more by doing nothing! Just follow the mantras on here!

You looked so beautiful and congratulations on your son getting married!

Sounds like the best exercise is icing and elevation. I hope you feel better!

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1470505778.184262.jpg
looks like maybe a internal stitch coming out ? Purple !! Xx

Good job it waited until now, it wouldn't have gone with your gorgeous wedding outfit :rotfl: xx

Lol @Ellejay !!! I know it would have clashed ..I'm getting frustrated at the swelling and lack of bend . The wedding has a lot to answer for !!! I don't know if it's a dissolvable ? Contact hospital ? Or gp tomorrow ? Xx you ok ?? Xx

Get ice on your knee it deserves a good break. You can give a call to your OS tomorrow to see what he says but it does look like like a stitch. I'm not sure if it's dissolvable. @Josephine what do you think?

what an inspiration you are! This 2nd knee is obviously giving you more trouble but I think you'll be back on the trail in no time!

Hi @Yorkshiregal54 , I agree with others, it might be a good idea to speak to a professional regarding your escapee stitch.
I am really well, I'm walking and cycling everywhere now the summer has eventually arrived and so my weight is finally dropping. Nowhere near as good as you yet, but I am pleased to have lost one and a half stone so far, one more stone to go. We bought a new caravan in March this year and have been out and about a great deal so far. We will spend seven weeks in France in a few weeks time, so I am looking forward to that.
Wishing you all the best for your recovery, xx

Hi folks - I spoke to the hospital this morning they said the stitch will dissolve in time ; could be up to 6 weeks but to ignore it !! I'm getting frustrated as in usually that active I'm not one to not do anything . Bought some coloring books to do but will leave that until I'm really fed up !! Lol your doing fab @Ellejay . Enjoy your new caravan next time we will be in our little camper is up to Newcastle for gnr . We had entered it but has to defer til next year but going to help our at the animal charity we were running for ! Well done I your weight loss mine was over a lot of years in total ... Xx
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1470640929.726400.jpg

Congratulations on Machu Picchu. I was there 11/4/16 to 11/9/16 with Road Scholars. Before I left for the trip I said that I'd do it if I had to crawl. I made it to camp one(Wayllambamba), I was last one into camp and in lots of pain. After long discussion with the guide, I headed back down. I would have held up the group. Peru was still an amazing and wonderful trip. I have had both hips replaced 5 yrs ago and they are good as new. Had 2nd opinion on left knee. 2nd Dr didn't hesitate when he said I need new knee 1-2 years. He also said I'd never climb Machu Picchu and to get new sports. Maybe I misunderstood, He did a great job on my hips, from this forum I can see that it's not impossible to recover & live again. BTW-You look great and best of luck on knee#2. My hip #2 was as easy as a tonsillectomy. I just hope that I have your spirit when the knee is replaced. I don't want to quit living. I'm thinking of using enough pain meds to workout hard till the knee is totally gone. I'll keep studying. Thanks everyone.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie