THR Here I go again!

Good to hear that you are going to accept the offer for help.
I’m sure you would be happy to help if your co worker needed help, right?
Layla said it so accurately “two are better than one” with some chores. Heck- with any chores!
This will pass, and having things in order will be a big boost for your morale, don’t you agree?
:flwrysmile:

Morning everyone. Yesterday I woke up to my right ear feeling plugged up and some drainage last night. Having had ear infections all my life I'm off to the clinic this morning. I missed my daughter's birthday dinner yesterday with my folks. They take the birthday person to dinner where they like and for daughter that's Chinese. I set up an other massage session for tomorrow afternoon. I figure I'll be good to go once I've been on antibiotics for 24hrs. I can't walk without limping at all now. I struggled to get 2 loads of clothes and one Lucy blanket washed yesterday. I'm disheartened, however not down for the count. This time I'm going to stay away from ODIC this time. Get things loosened up again with the massages and help with the cleaning. Today is Keith's and my 19th wedding anniversary. We married in the Little Brown Church in Nashua Ia. Beautiful autumn trees, clear blue sky and ringing the bell after ceremony. Looks like the same clear blue skies today as then. Take care!

Good Morning to you!

I'm sorry you're dealing with an ear infection and had to miss your daughters birthday dinner. You can always make it up to her if she's the sensitive type. I'm sure she was understanding in light of your discomfort.

Hopefully the antibiotics begin relieving the pain quickly and with any luck the massages will help to get you back in biz soon, with some assistance, making it easier on yourself.

I hope your sweet memories of hubs comfort you on this special date of the year. May you remember all the best of times you shared together.
Sending a warm hug your way and wishes for a peaceful day.
@julesglass

Hi Jules. I love your attitude.. sorry about the ear infection, though! Your wedding ceremony 19 years ago sounds so lovely, must be a bittersweet day for you.
My husband and I were married 19 years ago, also. In the month of May, though.
I am hoping you will be feeling better really soon. :flwrysmile:

Oh, so sorry your hip doesn't have the same timeline for "ready to get on with it" and is complaining.
Glad you are soliciting some help.

Happy 19th Anniversary to you and your sweetie.:loveshwr:

Sending good mojo your way.
Oh, almost forgot...
Found some coveralls for you!
rps20191014_183538.jpg

Hi, @julesglass An earache does sound miserable but I hope those antibiotics will kick the infection to the curb shortly. And struggling with a limp doesn't help the situation, I'm sure. Despite this, you do sound like you're moving ahead, maybe a bit slowly at the moment but I hope things will be looking up for you by week's end. How nice that you have some lovely memories of your wedding to remember today--always better to remember those special happy times, especially on milestone days. Sending hugs and good cheer your way.

Well I'm feeling better with my ear infection. Haven't made it to work this week due to it. The locust sound in my ear is annoying and makes getting to sleep difficult. My knee area is better a little, however not good enough to leave Cane behind. Didn't get a massage done due to illness, made friday or monday. I've just been chilling out. Taking Lucy to vet school tomorrow to see if they can help her with hind leg. Hope I can get to work Friday. Take care.

I am sorry about your ear infection but it is good you had a rest for your knee. I hope Lucy gets help at the vet school.

Well, it's Thursday today and I hope that you might be feeling better today, @julesglass, and I hope the vet will be able to suggest something to help Lucy's hind leg. How is that ear infection doing? I hope the buzzing in the ear is fading and that you'll be able to return to work tomorrow--not that there is anything wrong with "chilling out" but I know getting back to work is important to you. Hang in there, and happy Thursday!

Hello and a great Thursday morning to you!
Promising news to read the ear infection is clearing. I can't imagine hearing noises that sound like locusts! That has to be miserable and I can see why it would keep you awake. You may have some sleep to catch up on once all settles.

It's good to hear your knee is better. You'll know when it's time to leave the cane behind. Using it until you're feeling more confident and steady on your feet is wise.

I hope you receive positive news from the vet school today in regard to Lucy's hind leg. Poor girl. With any luck and a little more rest today, you'll feel energetic enough to make an appearance at work tomorrow.
Feel better, Jules!
@julesglass

Back from the vet school, boy that was tiring. Lucy's knees have some problems and the right is the worst. So it's surgery on her right knee soon and left knee later. I've got to have a ramp built so she can get down the deck. So I'll get with my guy that's doing some work on my shed and see when he can do a ramp. I still need my drive rocked.... oh well that's life! Go to watch the kc game tonight and off to work tomorrow. Take care. :egypdance:

Poor Lucy. We need to have her sign up for this great web site-- called BoneSmart..:dogsniff:
I hope that goes well for her. Our pets are so important to us.

We are watching the KC game, too. Did you see them adjust MaHomes knee on the field? Looked like he had a displaced kneecap.. ouchie!
Good luck with your return to work tomorrow. I hope your knee and ear co-operate!

I only watched first half, had to head out. Glad to see they scored and kept Broncos from scoring. Nice...

Afternoon everyone. I did get to work Friday and put in 7hrs. My ear had improved some by Friday, however now it's going bad again. I'm still using my cane most of the time. I can walk without it, however I limp without my cane, very frustrating. I just don't feel good, want to go outside.

Hopefully you can take the rest of the day to sleep or rest comfortably. Sometimes when we get knocked down with these infections if we don't give it time for our resistance to strengthen we keep getting socked it seems. Hopefully your ear infection clears soon.
If you're not trying the heel-toe, with and without the cane, consider it and see if it helps.
Hope you have a peaceful evening!
@julesglass

Thanks @Layla. The antibiotics just aren't doing it, I did "start" to feel better and then bam, not better. I have been doing heel toe since surgery. A nurse told me I wasn't walking straight in the hospital and I've been diligent about heel toe. Going to lay down after I put some clothes in washer.

Hi @julesgjules
Sorry you are dragging and the limping is concerning you.
Maybe now could be a good time to see if a physical therapist could identify your issues?
I know this might seem stressful since work put a lot of demands on me and really wiped me out.
But tight hip flexors.. normal. .some piriformis issues...were some of my issues and light stretches and some targeted gait training really helped at this stage for me.
Hope you are still icing...yes, still!

Aww, poor Jules :console2:
I sure hope today feels brighter. If not, I'd be checking in with my doc about that antibiotic. I hope you turn the corner soon. I know you're chomping at the bit to get stuff done.
Hugs
@julesglass

Well, it's Monday and I hope you are waking up feeling a bit better today, @julesglass. Between the nasty cold and problems with limping, I am sure it is all feeling a bit discouraging at the moment. I hope you were able to rest up a bit this weekend, particularly if you returned to a full day's work on Friday--betting you were exhausted by Friday night. Anyway, thinking positively and sending good vibes your way today. You were doing so great before, and I know this setback is baffling and aggravating. Do take care of yourself!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back