THR Here I go again!

Oh goodness, sorry to hear your knee is still so painful. But we need to view the cane as our friend! Ok, I will admit, it's easier to say after I ditched it.. :heehee: but at least it helps you get out and about.

I can sympathize, it is very difficult to get home from work and not be able to do anything for ourselves or our home. Like make a meal or clean up.
Will be very interested in hearing what the Dr says tomorrow.
Have a restful evening. :flwrysmile:

Good Morning and a Happy Thursday to you, Jules.
It's Leftys Three Month so Happy Anniversary, Lefty!
Sorry your knee is so bothersome. Wishing you the best at your appointment today. I hope you get answers and a plan that will bring you speedy relief.
Let us know how it goes.
Hugs :console2:
@julesglass

Last edited:
Evening, well the appointment went well for lefty. Legs are even and looks great. I told him about the knee and he did some maneuvers with it, nothing. I paused long enough for him to understand "no". He offered to see me in 3 months to check up on the knee, I can go with that. Even though I'm back with my buddy Cane it isn't going get me down. It amazes me how just going to the doc and talking a burden is lifted. Bought me a pair of overalls, haven't had a pair for 20yrs. I'm stoked! Take care you all !!

Boy, what a beautiful autumn day it is ! I did that for you @Mojo333. I was just thinking how the season autumn has 2 names, the only one with 2 references. It is my favorite of all, cooler and lower humidity, I love it! :roseshwr: Lucy and I went out early to finally get to the store. Body wise everything is the same, my buddy Cane and I go everywhere together. I was walking around at the dog park and thinking it would be so nice to still be me, my age and my life with a younger skeleton. That would be my first wish if I had 3 wishes. My second would be that my kids and grandkids all be strong physically and mentally with a good outlook on life. My third would to be able to quit working and enjoy my life without worry about finances. Just to not run out of living expenses and do a little fun every year. It's a dream, however I still have this beautiful autumn day! Take care.

I'm wondering how to the "I agree" or "found useful" things after others comments. I can find the "I like" one not the others.

Autumn is my favorite also, Jules.
I love the cooler temps and the pretty colors when the leaves change. We're only 36F here today and it's snowing off and on but nothing is sticking.
It's so crazy looking because the grass is still green, as are many of the trees sprinkled within with the reds, yellows and rusts of others, then add snow to that picture and it's just plain weird!

It's good you have the support of your cane and are enjoying walking around the dog park in spite of it all. At only three months out there is time and healing to still happen.

You're as young as you'll ever be, you have an opportunity to help shape your grandkids outlook on life and aging through example and maybe tomorrow you'll win the lottery, lol.

You have a good attitude and it's great you're enjoying a beautiful Autumn day!
@julesglass

Tap or hover over the "like" and thumbs up. It's a little touchy on my computer for some reason and at times takes me a couple tries....but it's all there. Try it and let us know if it's working for you...
@julesglass

@ceezee saves the day again. I've been tapping the thing wondering why it's so touchy and sometimes shows the line up of emojis, and other times doesn't. If you can believe it....I wasn't holding it down :hissy:
It works like magic. Thanks, ceezee!!

That's a good one @ceezee because to me Ha-Ha looks more like "hysterical"
And Funny almost looks like a quick gratuitous chuckle.
I guess both aren't necessary.

I found this on the emojipedia.

Face With Tongue
A yellow face with small, open eyes and a big grin, playfully sticking out its tongue. Can variously convey a sense of fun, excitement, silliness, cuteness, happiness, or jesting, as if saying Just kidding!

The other one is like one of the LOL emoji.

I guess not quite the same, but who would know?

@julesglass It sure was a gorgeous autumn day here, too. We had plans to go out for the day and it was nice enough to drive with the convertible top down.. we needed light jackets, but it was lovely.
I like your three wishes. :roseshwr:
So the knee is still being a trouble maker? I'm hoping that the hip is behaving?

Hey @julesglass sounds like you are doing great 3 months on. Sorry about the knee but am glad you have seen the doc and he will ensure your condition is managed. Love that you got new overalls !

@julesglass Did you jinx me? :flabber: I was tooling around, getting ready for our excursion yesterday and all of a sudden, I had this weird sharp pain in my lateral thigh/knee. I think I was bounding up and down our stairs too quickly. Or maybe it was the quick stops and turning sharply. Yes, I am like a Tasmanian Devil when prepping to go out. :tantrum2:
It continued for about 30 minutes, then subsided. It was enough though, to have me pack my folding cane. We were going to a Museum with a large amount of gardens and didn't want to get stuck without my friend. It calmed down after about 30 minutes, but I sure was thinking about you and your knee, and I'm two weeks ahead of you in healing.
After all of that, I just wanted to wish you a good Sunday!

Morning everyone! Thanks @ceefor the info! I'm getting use to the new setup little by little.
Sorry @CricketHip about that, I'll keep an eye on sending bad vides :heehee: I keep trying do some clearing out along with weekly chores, I just can't do it at this point. It's time to put my pride or maybe my shame aside and let others in to help. A coworker has offered help... this is tough. Anyway, have a beautiful day everyone, I'm going to enjoy mine! :walking:

Hi @julesglass
Try to look at it in the way that two working together is better than one.
You'll get twice as much done and the conversation while working should help the time pass quickly...as long as you're working and chatting at the same time. I don't feel people offer to help out unless they're willing, so hopefully you can get over any guilt you're feeling and accept assistance at a time when you need it.

And when you mention "shame", Jules, if you're speaking of feeling like you've been neglecting chores, I'm sure you found difficulty in accomplishing all that you desired before recovery, while your hip was in its worse state. Please try not to be so hard on yourself.

Wishing you a peaceful Sunday!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom