THR Here I go again!

Oh that is so sweet of you Layla. Thanks! I'm still up oh well gonna do some dishes. Got that smile on! :egypdance:

I am using an app called Insight Timer. It has all sorts of guided meditations and many specifically for sleep. You can choose however long you want them to be and I can honestly say I drop off way before the end. Might be through boredom though :heehee:

Morning all. I've downloaded a new app that might help me get to sleep. I've had Sleepo for awhile, however lately it hasn't been helping. So I figured I'd try a baby sleep app, you know "sleep like a baby". Found one with Mozart music, I like his stuff, so I'll give that a go. Going to the store later, got to I'm out of milk and sweet stuff. I'm driving with my daughter going to go in with list then to my place. She unloads car helps put stuff away then take her back to her place. I might try going in to see granddaughters. It's tricky getting into their place, anyway I'm might try it. Haven't seen the little ladies since surgery. Daughter doesn't drive, boyfriend doesn't like coming over since I made them leave. I like the guy, I don't hold a grudge but apparently he does. Anyway, big day ahead. You all take care and have some fun, I know I will.

Enjoy your granddaughters and good luck with the ap @julesglass :yes:
Glad you're not letting the grudger keep you from letting the granddaughters know you miss them.
The good sleep was elusive to me for a shamefully long period...and don't rightly know how it resolved...so no good suggestions here except nap when possible.
Healing vibes coming your way.
It keeps getting better:ok:

Morning to you all. Yesterday was a hoot! I picked daughter up without the girls, mama needed a break. It was a venting time for her as she told me about a 7yr old itching to get back to school and her little sister 11months pushing her buttons, so funny! I was told about her sending oldest to her room for getting mouthy and her coming back down in tears and asked "Was I adopted or did you really have me!" :rotfl: I told daughter " yeah, I went to the pound and said I want the mouthy one" :snork: Little one did a belly flop onto the pillow that was covering sis's face as she laid on the couch giggling the whole time. We got back to my place, unloaded and then dad texted saying that one was at the front door crying, other at the bathroom door crying, guess which one?! :loll: mama's counting the days till school, go figure!! :rofsign: oldest as "always" been a drama queen since she was born, nothing right, EVER!

Sounds like a great visit with your daughter,@julesglass --nice of you to be there for her so she could vent to her heart's content. All parents of young kids need that, well, and parents of teenagers REALLY need it, too! When my daughter occasionally whines about her kids, I try to listen and be supportive, but have to say that I often think to myself, "dang, so glad I'm not raising kids anymore!" Love my grands but happy not to be raising 'em. Have a lovely Monday.

Happy Monday @julesglass
Easy to recall those days. I enjoyed when Summer vacay began and loved having the kids home. It offered a change in routine, but by the end of Summer you're ready for change again.

There are so many of those type apps and also relaxation music on YouTube that lasts for hours. I hope you find something you love and get the restorative rest that's so important for healing.
Have a great rest of the day!

Another day is done. I played lazy through the day with ice. Leg and knee has gotten better past few days. Didn't venture out till evening, that's how lazy I've been. Been trying to get head of those darn dishes, most boring thing. I'd rather mow the lawn than do dishes. Washing bedding is my second least favorite thing, anything else please. Give me a project outside I'm in with both feet. Lucy's been chasing rabbits in her dreams. I'm getting bored again, things need done however not interested. What I want to do is work in my garage, cut some glass. Oh well, later. Finally got the Aflac thing straightened out. It wasn't the doc's office it was my agent's fault. Report got put in the "No big deal" pile. It'll probably be another two weeks before I see a check. I'd feel better if I could just do more. Yep I'm feeling down kinda like my kitchen table that I can't see because of all the stuff on it. Well tomorrow is a new beginning, put on a new additude and remember it's all good even when it's not. Yep that's what I'm going do. Thanks for listening hippie friends, you all take care and keep on keeping on! :walking: Maybe get the pans done tomorrow and throw in the table mess.

Oh that dreaded vacuum cleaner. I don't mean to freak anyone out however my cat has no concept of cleaning paws of litter before he walks away. :nah:There's litter all over the bathroom floor and I'm not able to operate the vacuum yet. Going to get someone to take care of his mess.

Morning to you all. Well a new day, new additude outside having my morning java! Got a bit of rain last night and it's cooled things off enough I need a light shirt over my t-shirt. I worked through those pesky dishes last night, got it down to pans again. Woke up knowing I'm still a member of the famed ODIC!:nah: Couple of pain pills and ice on my rump took care of that. I'm not renewing my membership any time soon... I hope. Think I'll tackle the table today, leave the pans for tomorrow. A little venting last night put on a new additude this morning and here I go, nice and easy with ice. Boy, I'm so thankful beyond words for this forum. Saves us from unloading on family and friends things they just don't understand and would get so tired of hearing. Let's keep our chins up, move forward wearing that grin that keeps them wonder! :eyebrows: Remember it's all good even when it's not! :egypdance:

Good report, @julesglass, and glad to read you're feeling more positive this morning. Sounds like you did overdo it a bit and are paying a price, but with ice and time (our friend, but also it makes us crazy as it seems to move with the speed of molasses) you'll be feeling less uncomfortable later on today, I hope. I think this time in recovery can sometimes be the hardest as we really start pushing the limits, then pay the price in aching discomfort, and then get mad at ourselves and grumpy. And then another day begins, we pick ourselves back up and so it goes. I love your "it's all good even when it's not" thought. Hope today goes better for you.

Well you have a new attitude and are off to a good start today, Jules.
This forum is a godsend in the early weeks of recovery. Just think of all the calls into the OS's office we're saving them from. :heehee: Truthfully though, it's always nice to come here with non-emergency issues and most often find the reassurance we're seeking. I hope you have a lovely Tuesday! :wave:
@julesglass

Glad you're feeling better today and have tackled the dishes, pans can wait. I like you have cats that don't seem to wipe their feet even though they have all these mats outside their boxes. Amazes me the places they get litter! And I really need to get some vacuuming done but don't see it happening today! :snork:

Hope you all had a good day. Mine was good, just chilling out enjoying the weather. I laid down for a nap with a bag of ice and woke up with a puddle in my bed. Needless to say everything was wet including my clothes, so put the bedding in to wash. Went to put in dryer and it was all still too wet???:umm: Put it on rinse and spin..... nothing. I wound up taking it down to Deb's to finish. Gotta call service guy tomorrow, bedding was the last load thank goodness. It's only 5-6 yrs old, my dryer is older than that! Another adventure to come, my goodness. Worrying won't help till I hear from the "doc" so I tip my hat and say, "Oh well". I'm hoping it's just the senser thing. Back in the yard enjoying barking dogs, kids playing watching bikers go by. Pains being almost nonexistent, like to keep it that way.... won't happen I know.

Table and pans are still waiting...... tomorrow.

They sure don't make washing machines like they used to! What a bedtime story, icing hip, leaking icepacks and a wet bed. Gosh, you are living life to the fullest! :rotfl:
I think the pans and table like just where they are. Night night @julesglass, try to keep your bedding dry.

Hey, good morning, @julesglass Hope you woke up to a nice day in your neck of the woods, with minimal pain and a call from the service guy who'll be out later today and will be able to fix your washer. It is maddening indeed when a big appliance goes on the fritz, isn't it? Let's hope it is just a sensor problem and it can be quickly fixed. It's another on the recovery trail, here's hoping it's a good one.

Good Morning,
Must have felt weird to wake in a puddle! Poor Jules.
I hope you slept well last night in a dry cozy bed and are feeling refreshed and ready to seize the day. Maybe even tackling the table, or pans. whatever you chooose to do today, I hope you enjoy!
Happy Wednesday!
@julesglass

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562