THR Here I go again!

Morning @Elf1 and @mainegirl1. I do have depends however my leg is so swollen I can't wear underwear yet. I could have made it however I had gotten my walker out of reach and Deb wasn't here yet. Lesson learned. I'm going to go a few more days to see if I do need stronger oxycodone. I hope the pain goes down so this strength will help better in a few days. Deb's going to sleep here till I can get in and out of bed in my own. I've got ice pack on it all the time, it's going down some now. Take care of yourselves

Aww, poor julesglass. This is awful. Somehow you need to impress upon your OS that your meds just aren't cutting it. Don't wait because less pain means better mobility, which helps in the long run. You shouldn't be suffering, it's unnecessary. Discomfort, understandable. Excessive pain, no.
Wishing you comfort. :console2:
@julesglass

@Layla I can get around pretty good. I'm setting alarm every four hrs for next pill. That seems to work well. I have a 4 on pain when I move, not bad. Problem is getting into bed.. You think I should call now not wait till tomorrow? They would have to mail it to me.

@julesglass Oh that does sound unfortunate - and temporary - and something to leave in the long-forgotten past just as fast as you can. So glad to hear Deb will be staying with you. It’s comforting to have an advocate in your corner. My DH knows his job is to make sure I get all the pain meds :). I see I will have to tell him #2 is to “get me to the toilet in time”. I will be telling myself “it’s all good” - and thinking of your sweet example. Better is coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again,
To answer your question, I'd do whatever will get you the meds sooner, so you know you're covered.
It's sad an unfortunate that you even have to stress about this. My heart goes out to you. I'm happy you have your SIL there to help care for you.
@julesglass

@julesglass is it possible for you to use a dressing gown cord to lift your leg into bed? I would call doca asap. I called mine on Wednesday and they promised me a call back before closing today. I called twice more and they didn’t bother. I feel a complaint coming on. Hopefully yours wont be so useless

All the best Mojo cooking for way, my friend.
Hang on there...all temporary !:console2:

I called the doctor and left message for his nurse to call me, didn't call back. Now that it is Sat I'll call first thing Mon. I should have enough to get me till Mon. I did talk to a medical tech and was told to take some Tylenol in between pain pill and that brought pain down emensely. @Fiona444 the extra bathroom runs are due to the iv fluids from the hospital. That has calmed down now. I'm trying not to worry about the oxycodone running out however I probably will before they can send me a new script. It is what it is and it is temporary. I'm sleeping 2hrs stretches and icing all the time and that helps. Deb's going to pick up Lucy in the morning. It'll be good to have her back home. Take it easy everyone and rest. :roseshwr:

Lucy will be glad to see her mommy:yes:
Hope today is restful..:ice:

Yes, all temporary, my double hippy friend.
Healing hugs:friends:

Glad to hear that you will have your furry friend back. They are so comforting to have around.

Well, I'm happy to read you've found some relief as you're trying to tweak your meds.
One can't help but be concerned in regard to the pain you've been suffering. Hopefully you can get on an even keel and keep your pain to mild discomfort, at worst. I hope you have a nice Saturday!
@julesglass

So glad to hear Lucy is coming home! I am a bit perturbed you didn’t get a call back - would much prefer your care team was paying close attention to you! - but admire your poise. Fingers crossed your timing works for medication refill on Monday!

Happy that you're getting some relief from the pain and the bathroom trips are starting to level out. I'm pretty much right there with you and am sleeping in 2-3 hour stretches as well. So happy Lucy is coming home! She will be so happy to see you and will be great for your spirits. Have a great weekend! @julesglass !
:dogwalk:

Glad you are getting Lucy back. My boys Casey and Fen have been a huge comfort and not left my side and the most amazing thing of all is that they are so gentle. Enjoy your pup

Hi, @julesglass--sounds like a rough start to recovery with pain meds not being sorted out. Sheesh, they keep reminding you before surgery that you need to stay ahead of the pain, but how can you do that if they're not monitoring you and making sure they're giving you appropriate doses? If I had one criticism of the hospital from last time it's that they sent me home with a bunch of pills, but no real scheduled to follow. I'm lucky that I didn't have the over the top pain you're describing, but I was always anxious about pain and was relieved when, perhaps by mere chance, I was able to keep it at bay for the most part. Only had one night when I didn't wake up (and didn't understand I needed to set an alarm!) when I woke up and was really hurting. Fortunately, the oxy and a water bottle were on my bedside table and it kicked in quickly. You will figure this out, I know and pretty soon you'll even be weaning yourself off and feeling more clear-headed and confident moving ahead. Glad to read you're getting your furry pal back--that must be comforting.

Well another day has come to an end. Still haven't bowel movement, maybe tomorrow. Taking my stool softener and I'll eat a big salad tomorrow. Lucy was so happy as I was to be home. Deb's sleeping in my bed, Lucy also. My dreams have been so vivid and unnerving. Ice bags can't keep up so I made another. We'll see what tomorrow brings, good night.

Early morning to all. I just woke up from a very disturbing dream. So real with color, taste and smells. Very disturbing is all I can say. I figure it's the meds side affects since I don't dream like I'm in a movie. I'm going to stay up for a bit and try to get it off my mind.

I too just had a disturbing dream. Very real and the feeling is still with me. Horrible isnt it.

This was my third disturbing dream @Fiona444. Each one is so weird and unnerving. I just woke up however no dream this time, thank goodness. Hope you are doing well. I'm having a bit of a rough patch myself however this is just temporary. Take it slow and steady to win the race..

These first days are jarring. Hip replacement is a big surgery.
I hope things level out for you soon and your brave spirit is inspiring.

Hang in there friend...Just Temporary ...these were also the words that pulled me through the rough parts.
Healing hugsxxxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom