THR Here I go again, I hope

@VSlowLife , the Impact supplement is 3x/day for 5 days pre surgery and the same for 5 days after surgery. I love boiled eggs for hunger pangs and otherwise. Also lots of veggies and apples especially this time of year with fresh apples locally grown. I have also been roasting a bunch of squash and then nibble on them if hungry. Cukes are my go to for a crunchy something and also very low cal. I figure I will do my best with points pre and post while drinking the supplement and then get back on track but at same time making sure I am eating healthy for the body to have the right nutrients for recovery. I am lucky since I do like all vegetables and fruit. I have stocked up on frozen fruit to go with my FF greek yogurt and fiber one bran cereal for my breakfasts. I will be at the mercy of my husband cooking. He is not a bad cook but not exactly low point - luckily not fried foods which I do not like anyways. I have done some WW recipes that he has enjoyed eating and were easy so I think I can get him to make some of these. All will be well, once I am moving around more (I will not rush this) I can make some meals and lose whatever I gained. At least once recovery is over I will be able to do more walking and get back to my recumbent exercise bike which will help. I have lost 38# in the last almost 6m with no exercising so it should be even easier once I can move without pain (I hope). I am still determined to lose more.

@CricketHip , yes running low on patience but these last few days seem to be flying. Of course, now had to stop my Celebrex till surgery so that is making life more interesting. This too shall pass soon. I almost don't believe that the wait is almost over and I made it.

You should probably go on a WW maintenance program while you are in recovery.

:happydance:Almost here, almost here.
Losing 38 pounds:yes!:, eating healthy so that immune system is cranking...:tada:
We will all be rooting for you, dear @leejaa
Hope your Sunday is Sweet.

@leejaa Congratulations on the 38 pound weight loss! Thanks for mentioning bran cereal. I will put that on my list. Another great idea for getting things moving after surgery.
You are so experienced at this, I am sure all will go well.
Thank you for the supplement regimen. I will inquire with my OS about his recommendation.
Yes, I am doing the same with local apples and squashes. I enjoy crunchy food, too.
I have found some easy and tasty WW recipes and use them often, especially the vegan”nice cream” although I am not a vegan.
Healing is the first priority and @Pumpkln that is a good suggestion. I will ask my coach, too.
I have found the thread in the social room helpful about preparing food ahead of time since I live alone. My favorite was making meals on sturdy paper plates to keep frozen in zip lock types of bags. They will stack well.
I am glad you have a husband who can cook!

@Pumpkln I did ask the online coach today, and I was surprised the response was to continue eating the same amount of daily points, but maybe eat more weekly points. I am going to double check at my meeting. There are quite a few members who had hip replacements.

I asked some WW friends and received the same response. Stay with daily points, add weekly points.

Thank you for checking. It was my plan to do that since I do not want to monkey around with the app too much. I figure whatever I gain I will lose again and should be even easier since I will be able to move around and get on my exercise bike (recumbent). I will do slow and easy like last time since it worked. Funnily I lost .6# and am now down 39.2#. I have my usual breakfast yogurt with fiber one and fruit and chia seeds and have lightened up my lunch to veggies and eggs plus a light protein - trying to stay low point. That is what weekly points are for so should be OK.

I am well endowed and the weight loss has helped since I could order some relaxed sleep bras from Amazon. They fit and are comfy. Will work well in hospital and home Will get more for recovery since I will be having PT and nursing company.

Got my bathrooms cleaned yesterday and kitchen straightening today. Of course pain increase but soon...... I never thought the Celebrex did that much for my hip but really helped my thumbs but now after a few days of no Celebrex I definitely see it was working on the hip a bit too. Oh well, I will be back on it on Wednesday and my thumbs will appreciate it.

Emotional last few days. I had to warn my husband that my sense of humor is affected and I might start crying for no reason.

Thank you all for your kind words.

You sound like you have been preparing your “nest” and eating healthy while on WW. I rarely eat all my weeklies, but I imagine I will once I have the surgery to help the healing process.
I usually weigh myself everyday, but with surgery and swelling there will be no point for a while, I am thinking.
I have lost 12 lbs. and it has helped my knee pain. Currently I am at a plateau.
I was just going through my bookmarked info and was just looking at sleeping bras online. Funny you should mention it.
Would you mind sharing the name of the sleeping bra brand you like? It’s on my clothing list for surgery and recovery.
The weight loss has helped me in the same way as it has helped you, and I have gone down two sizes In my jeans.
Its no fun going off the meds that helped you with pain, this last week, but at least you know the Celebrex had a positive effect. I have OA in my fingers, too.
I think most people get emotional to some degree before surgery, especially a major surgery. I am not super religious, but when I have done everything I can to prepare, I put myself in God’s hands, and pray for my surgeon and everyone who will be involved in my care. I will be praying for your successful surgery and recovery, Lee j

Thank you for the kind words.

The bras I ordered are below: I cannot recommend or not as this is the first time I ordered them. They seem quite nice and comfortable - not strictly a sleeping bra butt comfy so far ( I am trying one out for about 3 hours). Nothing binds, rolls or pinches and no snaps anywhere. Almost feels like I have a tighter and shorter summer camisole on.
Cabales Women's 3-Pack Seamless Wireless Sports Bra with Removable Pads

I also ordered extra socks like the ones in the hospital (similar to those actually). I tend to live barefoot or in socks but the pre op class spoke about not slipping so I thought I would trade in my regular fuzzies for some with anti slip stuff on them. I was especially concerned about stairs so this is for an extra measure of safety. I am not one to sit around in shoes at home.

You have been collecting and collating info for a while so you will be really prepared when your turn comes up. I look forward to reading your recovery thread when it comes up.

Thank you @leejaa. Feeling like a camisole sounds comfortable to me.
You are right about the socks. I do not put on slippers at night, and I have read some Bonesmart poster commenting on using the bathroom quite a bit at night in the early recovery stage.
Yes, it has been a while. After my excellent surgical experience in May for another issue, I started searching out surgeons and it took a while to get appointments. If I had gone with the first one, I would be having surgery this month.
I have bookmarked informative posts, and now gathered that into categories in a hip binder. I am a pencil and paper person because I can check things off as my surgery approaches.

Just dropping by to say hello and wish you comfort as you await surgery on Wednesday.
I hope you have couple of peaceful and relaxing nights.
:)

This is the last corner of your square...so after this you'll be all squared away.:happydance:
Sending all the best Mojo your way.
Ready to boomerang all the support you give to others right back to you.
:friends:

Stopping by to send you off with a warm hug :friends:and best wishes for an uneventful surgery and stellar recovery. I will look forward to following your journey on the bright side. Prayers for your comfort and peace of mind as you await tomorrow. I bet you'll do great!
@leejaa

Thank you all. Cannot wait to get to recovery even though surgery is making me somewhat nervous. I keep focusing on recovery and this pain gone and then 2020 with gaining strength to keep the nerves at bay.

Doing last laundry and last stove clean (husband is not a neat cook and does not see these things) so it will make me feel better and in control. My walker with reacher and bag and leg lifter is all set up and ready to go. Moved down my toiletries to downstairs bathroom including electric toothbrush and water pik. Poor husband, he will have to adjust to different routine also. Have made shelves in linen closet in downstairs bathroom for some recovery clothes.

Had my call with hospital for arrival time. So, we are supposed to call between 1p and 4p. Of course, I called at 1:01p - I just need to know things as soon as possible. Wouldn't you know it they did not have the surgical schedule yet but the nice person took my name and phone number and called be at 1:40p. I have to be there at 8am for 10am surgery. Actually perfect time since it takes us 1.5-2hrs to get there depending on traffic. Yay, can have water till 6am though no food after midnight as usual. Do not care about food but water is awesome. It used to be so much longer without water. Must be they realized finding veins on dehydrated patients is not good and then other labwork gets screwed up with dehydration. I am probably running on but that is my coping mechanisms - sorry.

See you all on the sunny side of the street.

Oops, forgot. I have set up my recovery thread.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts