BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

Here I go again, I hope

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by leejaa, Apr 27, 2019.

1. 321Evie

321Evie junior member

Australia Australia
    I was worried reading your post thinking it was the same hip you had surgery on 2 years ago! Glad to hear you have a plan. I'm having my left hip done in September, but in the past couple months I can feel my right hip is playing up as well :sad: It's only a matter of time.

Every time we go on holidays my hip plays up and I am no fun. I honestly think I over do it trying to pack and get everything in order.

2. leejaa

leejaa post-grad

United States United States
    Sounds funny but I am starting to dread vacations. Hopefully, after the next hip recovery I will be able to really enjoy going away. It probably is the extra work packing and getting things together that does not help and then the extra activities.

J-nice
    It was surprising to me how painful the injection was - most likely due to lack of space in the joint due to all the arthritis. Check with your surgeon as to what other doctor meant. The only thing I can think of is that he wanted to make sure you had no reaction from the injection at the site. I do hope it decreases your discomfort some since you are still working. Keep us posted.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mainegirl1

mainegirl1 new member

I got an injection in October. Though not pleasant I was able to leave the office five minutes later at a fast painfree walk..
    The injection was targeted with x ray assist so it was direct to the joint
    Things were GREAT.
    For nine days..

My OS did not even suggest another one this May.. Apparently not all get relief from them and if so for varying time. Or it could have because I was going to get surgery sooner than six months.

I can relate.. I have had some back pain but to the side not the spine.. And the shot took it all away even after the dufus PA said that pain was because I must have a bad back and the shot would not help that. Anyway x rays don't lie and I expect that my knee and back will be better after the hip is done..

Of course after I readjust my gait!

Leejaa and J- nice keep doing as much as you can. and enjoy what pain free moments are possible. You know what has to be done.. don't be me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. leejaa

leejaa post-grad

No, just waiting to have it done. I did the postpone and waited too long with the first knee and the last hip. I told myself never again postpone - just get it over with and recover and reclaim living freely.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Amen !
    :angel:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. leejaa

leejaa post-grad

Update on post injection: Well, the injection is helping about 20-50% depending on what I am doing. If I am up and around more then the leg and groin starts hurting plus feels all stiff. Walking more than a few steps is still not possible. Sleep is improved some nights but still not sleeping more than 2-3 hours at a time. I did get to mow the lawn (riding lawnmower) which is nice though watching me get on is a hoot. Of course, when I get off, and try to straighten - ouch ouch ouch. It is still worth it - I actually love mowing (we mow about 5 acres) it looks so nice when done and does not get dirty like the house.

I also joined weight watchers Sat. - doing the strictly digital version to try to lose some weight before surgery - just for me and something I was planning on doing with exercise this year especially with the nicer weather. I have done it before many years ago and it did work but with all the joints not cooperating and work stresses I did not keep up with it or maintain the weight. Well, now I am retired so at least I do not have to deal with work stress or trying to work with pain so I am doing this for myself. I want to live healthier and longer so I can last as long as all my metal parts.

• Like Like x 1