TKR Help

I hate to sit and not do anything but it helps my nites.
When you are resting you are not doing nothing, you are giving your knee the best opportunity in which to heal, which helps you have less pain.

I had LTKR March 22,2021. I have had trouble with my piris formis (muscle in middle of butt) since 1st week. Stretching helps but if I’m up or sitting too long it’s worse than knee. Now I think my IT band along outside of thigh is acting up. I have heard massage (deep tissue) would help. Might be helpful for you .

Hi Min you are still early in the recovery period. Your whole body and leg has gone through a massive trauma imagine trying to walk on a broken leg and that is pretty much where you are. Rest ice and elevate is so much more important at this time. the evenings and nights always seem to be worse. I can wake up a 4:00 am in discomfort, get up move around and lie on my couch with little or no pain and fall asleep again its weird but it works for me. Slowly it does get better a little at a time. This week was my first week back at work part time and its been a real struggle i have 2 good days and 1 bad that`s how it is. My surgeon encouraged me to go back to work but i would recommend the bonesmart recovery and 12 weeks would be better and then phased return if you can.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88