HELP finding a doc in Seattle area

kmckenna48

Country
United States United States
Hello, my husband has been out with a knee injury since Sept. His surgeon originally said he needed surgery, but now says there is nothing they can do. We have tried multiple docs at Swedish and in Tacoma to take his case. He also has significant liver disease. No one will take his case. It's getting really frustrating. How do we convince an ortho doc to take his case? It's an l & i case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, what's an l & i case? What type of injury did your husband incur and is it a TKR he needs?

Labor and industries, meaning it is work related. When he was climbing into a work truck, he felt something pop. He had arthroscopic surgery in Aug 2015, for a possible meniscal tear, but it is worse now. Whe ln thr surgeon talked to ke aftet surgery, he said we would be lucky to get him to 55 before needing a TKR. Now the same surgeon denies daying this and says there is no need for a TKR. There is significant arthritis and loose bodies now. It swells up, is painful and stiff. The surgeon actually told him today that he didn't need surgery and to find a new line of work. We are desperate to find someone else to take his case.

Sorry for the typos. I'm doing this on my phone right now.

I'm going to tag @Jamie . She often helps members find surgeons. Can you give us your area code? Are you near Tacoma, WA? In the meanwhile you can check out our "find a clinic" tab in the tool bar to see what docs are near you.

Yes, give me your zip code and tag me. I'll see if I can come up with some names for you. Was the problem with treatment because of your husband's liver problems? Did that make him too great a risk for surgery?

@Jamie we are in Tacoma. I suspect it is because of the liver disease. I have tried several docs in Tacoma and all of them at OPA in Seattle. We are trying Northwest Hospital Bone and Joint now. We just want someone else to look at it and tell us what they think.

Yes, give me your zip code and tag me. I'll see if I can come up with some names for you. Was the problem with treatment because of your husband's liver problems? Did that make him too great a risk for surgery?
@Jamie 98407

These are the surgeons I have listed in my file. Hopefully there are some you haven't contacted. If not, then my best suggestion to you is to keep calling around and don't give up! Please let us know how things go.

Dr. William Barrett
Proliance Orthopedic Associates
4011 Talbot Road S, Suite 300
Renton, WA 98055
Phone: 425-656-5060

Dr. James Crutcher
Swedish Medical Center/Cherry Hill Campus
500 - 17th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
Phone: 206-320-2000

Dr. Navin D. Fernando
University of Washington Medicine Hip & Knee Center
Northwest Outpatient Medical Center 10330 Meridian Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98133
Phone: 206-520-5000

We finally think we know WHY No One would take my husband's case. In an MRI from Oct, there are small "rice bodies " which the radiologist says could possibly be rheumatoid arthritis or PVNS. Until his injury and subsequent arthroscopic surgery, my husband has never had inflammation issues in his joints. So now we have to find a rheumatologist to run tests which confirm or deny the MRI findings. Ggggrrrr! So frustrated!!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
rubyedith
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom