THR Hello

Tilda

Country
United States United States
My hip replacement surgery is scheduled for June 8.

@Tilda
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us! :welome:
Glad you have received a surgery date, just a few more weeks until you have your new hip and can start your recovery.
Let us know which hip you are having replaced so we can add it to your signature.

New BoneSmart members like you are in various stages of their journey to joint replacement. Making the decision whether or not to have surgery and preparing for surgery can be easier once you have done your research and know what lies ahead. Here are some tools that can help you decide what is best for you.

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Welcome to bonesmart and congratulations on getting a date for your surgery. There is much information here for prepping for surgery and then recovery. Explore and read and if there are any questions that pop up, please ask and someone will have a suggestion or an answer.

Hey @Tilda,
Wishing you all the best on Monday. I hope you’ll join us over on the Recovery side once you’re post op. We’d love to support and encourage you as you’re healing.
See you there soon! :wave:

Sending wishes for a successful surgery and great recovery with good pain control. I hope we get to see you on the recovery side of the forum when you are able. I have found it helpful to share my recovery journey here.

:wave: @Tilda
Hope you are able to relax and have a nice weekend knowing that Monday you will ridding yourself of that horrible hip pain.
I was beyond miserable and sleep deprived by the time I had my hips replaced and even though I was anxious. I was excited at the prospect of getting my life back.
And I did.:happydance:
See ya on the healing side!

Wishing you well on Monday! You will be so thankful to be rid of that terrible OA pain and you’ll have your life back before you know it. I hope you will share with us how your recovery is going.

Wishing the very best for you on Monday! Once you get there, the surgical team will take such good care of you. See you on the recovery side soon!

I am sure the surgery is all done now. Congratulations on your shiny new hip and I hope you are resting comfortably with much ice and great pain management.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom