TKR Hello everyone

I’m going to start CBD oil and see how that goes.
@Roger71
These are the BoneSmart guidelines for allowing discussion of CBD on the forum. Because BoneSmart is an international site, we have to be aware that there are countries where these products are not legal.
  • Is it the hemp-based CBD oil, without THC ? If so, you can tell us here about how it works for you.
  • If it also contains THC, unless it's the oil you only apply externally, it must be legal in the area where you are AND you have to be working with your doctor to use it
  • If you are going to be taking CBD (with or without THC) orally, you must be working with your doctor, because it can have interactions with other medications you may be taking.

I wish I could advise you about how to stay asleep. Sleep disturbance seems to be a very common problem after a knee replacement. We do have this article:
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Four years after my last TKR, I still have problems sleeping for more than 4 hours at a stretch.
I fall asleep in an armchair during the evening - and miss the TV programme I wanted to watch - and then I sleep from about 12: 30 to 4: 30 a.m. I get up soon after 5 in the morning, because lying in bed trying to sleep is so frustrating.
Still, I'll choose poor sleep and almost pain-free knees over good sleep and knees with bone-on-bone pain any day. It's a trade-off I can accept.
The CBD oil I’m referring to is THC free, and completely legal in my area. I’ve discussed it with my doctor, and he didn’t have any problems with me trying it. I am using an oral, and a topical. It’s quite expensive, so I only plan on trying this short term. I’m just desperate to get some sleep, especially since I’m back to work.

I just accept it for what it is, stressing about it makes sleep less likely.
I think that sleeping all night isn't essential at this stage, I catch up during the day.
While I'm awake, I just listen to the radio, get Dr Phil on my tablet, or read.
Half or one hour later I've just nodded off
Hunger is an issue to sleeping, so it's not unknown for me to have a dose of jam Roly poly in the middle of the night.
I'm 6 weeks out now and walking good distances, if it's a nice night, I might wake the dogs up and go walkies.
I appreciate your input. This was my attitude about it until this week, when I returned to work and can’t catch up during the day.

The CBD oil I’m referring to is THC free, and completely legal in my area. I’ve discussed it with my doctor, and he didn’t have any problems with me trying it. I am using an oral, and a topical. It’s quite expensive, so I only plan on trying this short term. I’m just desperate to get some sleep, especially since I’m back to work.
Thank you for clarifying about the CBD oil, @Roger71 .
You're going to use it in a safe and sensible manner that is acceptable to discuss here on BoneSmart, so please tell us if it helps, and how you get on with it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts