THR Heel Lift for Sandals?

Great update. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you all the best as you begin your eight hours of tutoring next week. Should be manageable. :fingersx:
Happy Thursday. Hope you have a nice weekend!
@MountainLover

:wave: Hi @MountainLover
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope the tutoring is going well for you. Let us know when you have the time to share.
Enjoy the weekend!

Thanks for the one month check-in. I'm off all pain meds now (even Tylenol), I'm walking without the cane, working about 10 hours a week from home, and can do household chores. I'm so grateful for the advice about the LLD because I'm noticing the disparity less and less. My last goal is getting the okay for driving, which should happen at 6 weeks.

I have a question about the numb spot - around 3 x 5 - near the incision. If it goes away, how long does that take?

:wave: @MountainLover
Glad to hear things are continuing to improve.
The numbness on my thighs (I had bilateral) starting dissipating slowly....one feeling pretty much normal by three months but the other stayed numb for much longer.
I had just about chalked it up to collateral damage which certainly beat the alternative...but after a year, I noticed it too was back to normal.

:hi: Happy Friday to you.
Thanks for updating. It seems you’re doing great!
I’ll add that the numbness around my incision was there for several months post op gradually decreasing in size. A couple months in I gave up checking on it and being concerned, but do recall at about nine months post op, I realized it was gone.
Keep up the good work and enjoy the weekend!
@MountainLover

A belated Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hopefully you regained your freedom and independence at six weeks.:driver:It’s so great to be driving again after surgery.
Have a wonderful week as you continue on your healing journey!
@MountainLover

Thanks for checking in. I'm grateful for an uneventful recovery, continuing improvement, and added activities like water aerobics, hikes under 2 miles, long car rides and full housekeeping chores. I'm allowed to do everything except run and jump.

A few weeks ago I had my first experience of doing something better now than before surgery. I was able to mow (riding mower) for an hour with no pain and I could actually walk when I got off the mower!

My new leg is still 3/8 - 1/2 inch longer which the surgeon's office confirmed. Even though he used the anterior approach which is supposed to have less chance of LLD, my surgeon said he had to do it this way since the angle of my femur coming in to the pelvis is not normal (coxa vara) and it was LLD or risk of dislocation. So that's really my only problem plus a numb patch around the incision.

It is so wonderful to be able to mow without pain and be able to get off the mower without pain. I love my rider and mowing so this was so great this spring/summer. So much more enjoyable. Sending positive vibes for continued improvement. :flwrysmile:

So that's really my only problem plus a numb patch around the incision.

I had this in some areas around my incision for months, slowly dissipating over time until it was completely gone.

Hope you’re still doing well as you just passed your three month anniversary. :yay:
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving as you continue the journey! :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom