Lounge Doctor

THR Heel Lift for Sandals?

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Great update. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you all the best as you begin your eight hours of tutoring next week. Should be manageable. :fingersx:
Happy Thursday. Hope you have a nice weekend!
@MountainLover

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: Hi @MountainLover
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope the tutoring is going well for you. Let us know when you have the time to share.
Enjoy the weekend!

OP
OP
M

MountainLover

Country
Thanks for the one month check-in. I'm off all pain meds now (even Tylenol), I'm walking without the cane, working about 10 hours a week from home, and can do household chores. I'm so grateful for the advice about the LLD because I'm noticing the disparity less and less. My last goal is getting the okay for driving, which should happen at 6 weeks.

I have a question about the numb spot - around 3 x 5 - near the incision. If it goes away, how long does that take?

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: @MountainLover
Glad to hear things are continuing to improve.
The numbness on my thighs (I had bilateral) starting dissipating slowly....one feeling pretty much normal by three months but the other stayed numb for much longer.
I had just about chalked it up to collateral damage which certainly beat the alternative...but after a year, I noticed it too was back to normal.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi: Happy Friday to you.
Thanks for updating. It seems you’re doing great!
I’ll add that the numbness around my incision was there for several months post op gradually decreasing in size. A couple months in I gave up checking on it and being concerned, but do recall at about nine months post op, I realized it was gone.
Keep up the good work and enjoy the weekend!
@MountainLover

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
A belated Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hopefully you regained your freedom and independence at six weeks.:driver:It’s so great to be driving again after surgery.
Have a wonderful week as you continue on your healing journey!
@MountainLover

OP
OP
M

MountainLover

Country
Thanks for checking in. I'm grateful for an uneventful recovery, continuing improvement, and added activities like water aerobics, hikes under 2 miles, long car rides and full housekeeping chores. I'm allowed to do everything except run and jump.

A few weeks ago I had my first experience of doing something better now than before surgery. I was able to mow (riding mower) for an hour with no pain and I could actually walk when I got off the mower!

My new leg is still 3/8 - 1/2 inch longer which the surgeon's office confirmed. Even though he used the anterior approach which is supposed to have less chance of LLD, my surgeon said he had to do it this way since the angle of my femur coming in to the pelvis is not normal (coxa vara) and it was LLD or risk of dislocation. So that's really my only problem plus a numb patch around the incision.

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
It is so wonderful to be able to mow without pain and be able to get off the mower without pain. I love my rider and mowing so this was so great this spring/summer. So much more enjoyable. Sending positive vibes for continued improvement. :flwrysmile:

GeeDee

Country
Canada Canada
I just joined the forum today, what a great place for information, advice and reassurance! I had RTHR lateral approach on Oct 5th 2020 so I am almost 4 weeks post op, I too have a substantial LLD when measured from the ground it is an entire inch and a half, I was devastated and cried for days, I was embarrassed and hated the fact I would now have this extreme disability and not likely be able to work again or enjoy life as I knew it , like everyone else my OS told me to wait until my 12 week mark as some of this will work itself out over time as I was healing and my body was adjusting , my X-rays do show an 11mm difference, that he said is the actual discrepancy and not the inch and a half that I am self measuring! I had hip protrusion, and had so much pelvic damage from years of limping that he said he actually just put everything back where it belongs, I hope to have my left hip done in 2 months time and hopefully it will all even out for me then, but in the meantime I notice when walking with the cane It isn’t as predominant but if I walk on my own I’m a total penguin and I am extremely self conscious about it, my tip to you is I have noticed if I really concentrate on my heel toe walk In a straight line my limp seems to improve and is less noticeable, my PT said in most cases it will improve with time as your muscles strengthen and stretch and It will be much less noticeable and may not even require much of a lift if any.....I’m wondering now @MountainLover at almost 9 weeks post op if you have noticed it getting any better?

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ashfaq
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts