'Having' to heal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golfer,

thanks for the pep talk - I agree with what Wayne Dyer says - because it's true!

and while it is easy to focus on the negative, I am working hard on focusing on the positive. After having 'vented' and found support on this forum, my attitude has improved immensely.

I'm excited about 2009 and making plans for the new year.

Thanks again - and am so glad you've got such a wonderful support group at home and hope your wife is feeling better.

pam

PRGal and Pam

Pam: Glad to hear your first day back went well. It sounds as if your bosses are supportive and concerned.

I'm happy to report I made it through the 12hr shift OK. Was very, very tired and pretty stiff and sore afterwards, but survived it OK. My co-workers were great about checking on me and relieving me so I could walk around for a few minutes and stretch. My job is one where you are pretty much tied to the desk and phone for 12hrs, so their coming in and relieving me really meant a lot. Now if I could just figure out how to adjust that chair to make it more comfortable....

I too, had to be released by my doctor prior to going back to work. He really didn't want me to go back so soon, but understood the situation. It was my first visit with him since RTHR Dec 9th. He was extremely pleased with my progress. But I have to agree, it would have been much better if I could have taken more time off or transititioned back to work more gradually.

Pam - I asked my OS if I could go back to work after 3 weeks to a sit down office job on the top floor (no lifts) and I had to climb 50 stairs each day. He said yes, that will be good exercise, but not full time! Just take one stair at a time and have a backpack for your personal items not a handbag.

I was the only person in the office that didn't arrive at the top of the stairs puffing because I was so slow getting there.

Awww - shame! What a picture!

AS I read your experiences re: return to work, with lots of stairs to climb no less, I feel very fortunate that I had the time to take a full 8 wks. After my RTHR, I expected to return at 6 wks, (and we have an elevator). However, Dr strongly advised 2-3 months, even with my great recovery. What a gift--and I took it. Even then, with full and long days that first week was more tiring than I expected.

My hats off to you who make it to work much earlier. Hope you can relax some during the day.

Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics