Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here I am sharing the experience of RTKR.Mine performed 8 am this morning! To the people that have up and coming TKRs this forum is very helpful and has some really cool people that are very supportive. Here's my story
1.FEAR n anxiety.
For years coming up tkr I was not the most pleasant person at times, became overweight, and clinically depressed. As I was being prepared for the surgery this morning, I was crying, and totally freaked out. ( I pride myself on being brave and strong so this added to it) The spine block is what I feared the most and that was a breeze!
When I woke up in recovery, I had the most amazing feeling of relief and for the first time in years felt mentally fresh and joyful! I wish this feeling for everyone. Granted there are very strong pain meds involved
But, I still feel GREAT!

@Roselover So glad you are doing good! When the block wears off you will feel a little more pain, but then they start the pain meds. Don't let the pain get bad, let the nurses know the minute it starts inching up, and then have them get you on a schedule.

Boy I became behind schedule for the "black button" to press for the morphine. I feel asleep.for 3 hrs, gave myself a dose upon awakening. Then it ran out. Took the nurses 45 mins to get a refill. During.that time I was a 9-10 on pain scale.
To the pre operers, give yourself as much as you need of morphine.

I hope your surgery went well. I have been reading through your posts, along with others, for about a month now and it has helped me get through this ordeal.

Okay, to let you all know - madinana has a new thread in the recovery forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie