THR Have a date January 26th 2023

@ladyj and @Gigirajah
I‘ve moved your posts out of the Monthly team thread as we reserve that thread for surgery date information, and so members can see who else has surgery the same month. We prefer all other comments and discussion to take place in a pre op or recovery thread, such as this one. Enjoy interacting with others who are on the same journey, here in this thread. :flwrysmile:

I was exhausted all of the time when my hips were deteriorating. I was attempting to work and kept making adjustments to cope but by the time I made it home? I was tired, grumpy and only wanted to sit with my ice packs.
I was only able to do limited pre op exercises but tried not to worry about it.
Do what you can and give yourself plenty of grace.

Make no mistake! Being in constant pain and dealing with mobility issues, wears the body out as much as the mind and soul. Never apologize for or diminish what we bravely face everyday with joint issues. Most people have no idea. That's why we're here. Who better to understand? Each day you are just that much closer to getting your life back. Keep the faith and come here as often as you need for a willing ear. Blessings.

Help!
I am scheduled for my hip replacement this Thursday 26 January.
in my information pack it says to report any skin rashes to the nurse doing your assessment.
I seem to have developed a sore place under my tummy, chaffing because I am overweight.
Will this mean I can’t have my op?

I‘ve moved your post above out of the Monthly team thread as we reserve that thread for surgery date information, and so members can see who else has surgery the same month. We prefer all other comments and discussions to take place in a pre-op or recovery thread, such as this one. So, I’ve started this Recovery Thread for you. Enjoy interacting with others who are on the same journey, here in this thread.

I don't think this will delay your surgery... I would try some topical remedies to calm area however. Cornstarch powder is my go to.

O
I don't think this will delay your surgery... I would try some topical remedies to calm area however. Cornstarch powder is my go to.
Thank you for your advice. It was most comforting. I gave in and rang the pre assessment nurse, and she said she didn’t think it was a problem either, I have some cream to treat it with, she said just try to get it as much better as possible before the op.
I am just panicking about everything at present, but I hope to return to my usual calm (not)self after the op!

I know the feeling! You don't want to trip before the finish line! I remember the closer I got to the surgery date, the more I worried about anything that might delay it because I had waited so long. Your cream should help. Not much longer now.

Best Wishes for tomorrow!
May your surgery go as smoothly as possible and your recovery bring you comfort and relief.
I will be watching for you on the healing side and hope to see you there once you're feeling up to it.:)
@ladyj

All the best @ladyj
You' ve got this.
Even better, another day at the office for your surgeon.
See you on the Healing Side:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom