THR Hate to complain but . . .

lizard615

Country
United States United States
So… Of course my first surgery was postponed due to the hurricane, and i punctured my leg with a branch I was taking out to the road. So they have postponed my surgery again until September 22. I am looking at this as a positive thing… When it’s meant to happen it will happen. I get my leg checked out on 9/7 by my ortho To check the status of my wound. Other than that! That’s where I’m at! I will use this next month to get myself healthy, and get my mind set for my surgery.

Gosh @lizard615 - I am so sorry your surgery is postponed again! You have a great attitude - stay positive. It will happen when the time is right.

I'll update your signature and get you moved to the September surgery group.

I am sorry you are injured. I hope all heals well and no more hurricane damage to you or your area.

I’m sorry @lizard615
Your positive approach to it all is admirable. Taking the news in stride and using the opportunity to work on health and mindset. Many may not take the cancelation as well.
Better safe than sorry though. I hope time flies and I wish you comfort in the interim.
Take care :friends:

Thank you all! Things absolutely happen for a reason. I was in the emergency room last night because my opposite leg swelled up. I knew it was cellulitis but Medac wanted me to get a scan to make sure it was not a blood clot. No blood clot but cellulitis so I’m on antibiotics for that and my wound. I doubt they would have done my hip replacement on Tuesday with cellulitis! Anyway onward and upward!

I doubt they would have done my hip replacement on Tuesday with cellulitis!
Your are right, they would not have done the surgery. Time to get all this sorted and behind you. Hang in there!

I had a few open heart surgery online buddies back in 2012. We all had our surgeries the same day and it was terrific to have their support. One of them was in the same hospital and we'd walk the halls together and complain about the food. I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

I don’t know who else to complain to that would understand this. My surgery is scheduled for September 22, my wound is clearing up very nicely (Which was the reason my August 25 surgery was canceled), however the pain I have in my hip feels like a knife in my butt, lower back, down my thigh, through my artificial knee to my foot. I’m taking four tramadol per day, one every six hours. Gabapentin also. If I wasn’t taking this medicine I cannot even imagine what the pain would be like. I can’t sleep… I’m averaging 3 to 4 hours per night if I’m lucky. And not even dozing during the day. I’m icing my butt, side, and artificial knee. I’m trying really really really hard to stay positive which is why am venting here!! If there is anything that anyone can suggest to help with this annoying pain, please feel free to share! I know this too shall pass and that’s what’s making me feel better! Oh and by the way, none of this is affecting my appetite at all. ‍♀️♀️♀️

Hang in there! Surgery is only just over 3 weeks away now.
If icing your hip doesn't seem to be helping, you could try a warm pack instead - be careful it's not too warm.

The pain is probably restricting your activities a lot, so try to do only the essentials, and don't forget to rest a lot. Try taking a daytime nap, since you're not sleeping well at night.

Do you have an infection? Or maybe a sciatic nerve issue? The pain you describe sounds like when my sciatic nerve rears its head. Hang in there lizard615

I was thinking the same thing -- sciatica. @lizard615 have you tried lidocaine patches? Put them (one or more) where the pain originates on your lower back/buttock area. I was skeptical when I first tried them but they are very effective.

I agree with Celle about trying a heating pad...I lived on one for the year prior to my surgery.
My diagnosis for wrecked hips was elusive, and my back, behind, leg, sciatic issues...lack of sleep...basically felt like I had bodywide inflammation.:cry:
Pain meds and little else helped but that point...but the heat did take the edge off and was somewhat soothing.

I know this isn't very helpful, but I still remember the pain and how miserable I was.
Made going into surgery not so bad...I was beyond ready.
Sympathizing, hang in there.

@lizard615 I have sciatic pain and your pain sounds very much like what I experience. Take a look at this article from our Library. You will see the sciatic nerve runs very close to your hip.

I find hamstring stretches help ease this. But start very gently as your hamstring may be very tight.

You have my sympathies! Hang in there!

Just wondering how you are doing, Surgery Buddy. I have my COVID test tomorrow, then it’s full steam ahead to Tuesday. I’ll be thinking of you.

I just saw you are off the surgery list for September 22. Are you ok?? Haven’t heard from you since August.

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery. I hope you have a very successful surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery.

:hi: Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow!
Hopefully all is on track, and you’re ready to get this show on the road.
Will watch for you on the healing side and look forward to following your journey!
@lizard615

All the best today @lizard615 ! See you on the other side soon!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom