Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

has anyone taken a muscle relaxer for PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever taken a muscle relaxer before PT?? I was prescribed Flexeril about a month after my Sept TKR . I took it once on a non- PT day and fell promptly asleep-never taking it again... Now that swelling has set in, my PT is rough going..has anyone out there taken it and found that it helped?? My hamstring "fights" against the bend .

Bluehydrangea

I had Flexeril once a few years agi for muscle spasms.. My dr. said to only take it at night or if I was planning to be in bed all day. I found it to be a very good sleeping aid and thus would never take it during the day if I had to be out and about.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The way muscle relaxants work is to relax the entire body, including your brain! So drowsiness and sedation are an inevitable consequence.

Your problem may not be so much about the hamstrings as the swelling. Don't let your PT be too aggressive yet - give it all time to settle down first. Also be sure to ice and elevate lots and make sure you are taking pain meds enough. You're obviously going to have swelling after the MUA but you don't have to rush to get back into a full PT regime just yet.

Max Wallace

graduate
I love flexeril. Very good sleep aid as well. I used only once during day time for a back ache as long as I was busy and active I was fine but the minute I relaxed at lunch time I was a sleep.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Very good point, Rhonda.

Texas

alpha
Hey there I would think it would make you drowsy you wanna be up ad alert tying but not to hard to hurt yourself......I would say the same after it then relax and ice the ice is soooooooo important.....good luck to you......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Decadeofbliss
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom