THR Hard to know how much walking is good for me<

Still lots of improvement to come @Brokefemur
Glad to see you on the forum.
Tightness is very common at this stage so keep the faith and keep on keeping on. It gets better.:friends:

Hi everyone! The suggestion for heel to toe walking got rid of my limp. I take my cane when I go outside but don't need it in my house anymore. See doctor next week and expect he will okay driving. It's been a long road but made it. Still tire if walk too long but I'll get there. Lawyer preparing my case to get my medical bills paid. Thanks so much for this forum and the encouragement! I hope everyone is recovering well. Hang in there...it will get better!

Good Morning @Brokefemur
What a wonderful update, you're doing so well!
Thank you for taking the time to share your progress and for your kind thoughts in regard to the forum.
Please do check in again and let us know how you're doing.
Until then ....wishing you the best in all!

That is wonderful news!!
Best of luck with your lawyer.
I hope it gets settled easily for you.
Just keep on chanting the ‘heel toe chant’. :flwrysmile:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! The suggestion for heel to toe walking got rid of my limp. I take my cane when I go outside but don't need it in my house anymore.
:happydance:
Glad to hear this!
Getting our stamina and strength back is certainly a slow process, but I think slow is the best way to give our bodies time to acclimate to a good hip without causing other issues.

I think you are doing great and lots of improvement to come.:flwrysmile:

Hi everyone! Doing good walking and feel good in the daytime but really stiff when I go to bed at night. Have to move every couple of hours because I get sore. Once I'm up in the morning the stiffness gets better quickly. Any tips or suggestions for this or is this just how it's going to be from now on? Wish I could sleep better

Hello and a Happy Saturday to you! :wave:
I think what you've described sounds pretty normal. Some of it may diminish with time since you're only a little over three months post op. I find it's easy for all of us to attribute pain and stiffness to our ailing or new hip, when in reality some of our aches and discomfort is all part of an aging body. We're all getting older and while it's no fun at times, it's certainly better than the alternative!

Because you're so early into recovery, I'd give the idea of a more sound and restorative sleep room for improvement also. I think it will all gradually fall into place with the passing of time.

May you have a lovely weekend! :)
@Brokefemur

Thanks for your reply! Maybe time will improve things and yes, we're all getting older. At least I'm up and walking good and very thankful for that! Have a good weekend!

Thanks for responding. I take a Tramadol and do ice before bed and about 2 hours later I get stiff and sore frim laying in one position and have to move to my other side. Think it's my old age and probably some osteo arthritis in my hip replacement side.

I think many of us experience stiffness after sleeping or even resting for a bit. It's annoying, isn't it?
I especially hated it when sitting in a nice restaurant and when I get up to leave? I felt like I'd aged 20 years! :old:
I will say this, my stiffness is improving quickly for me, now. I am almost at 4 months post op. I agree with Layla, some of it was there before my hip issues and I suppose they aren't planning to leave my body anytime soon. phooey!

You had 2 big surgeries, preceded by an injury, all in less than a year, I bet you have a lot more improvement ahead of you.

I find that taking a nice warm bath or a warm shower in the evenings really helps.
Hopefully you will be enjoying a good night's sleep without any issues soon. :flwrysmile:

Thanks so much for your insight. You're right. I did have a lot done in a short time and always had some stiffness before my injuries. I'll try the warm bath before bed and try to be patient with my recovery. Have a good weekend!

What beautiful Nurse Cats/ Bed Heater Cats
you have!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom