THR Happy, hippy, Christine

Good for you, @mollymum
It's progress knowing you're able to navigate the bathtub. A great accomplishment if it's something you find relaxing.
Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Good morning, I am just back from 4 days/nights in my lovely motorhome! Visited the Yorkshire Dales at Hawes and Bolton Abbey, then spent an enjoyable day at the Midlands Motorhome Show just south of Coventry.
Now home and caught up with the laundry, and news from hubbie, who enjoyed the peace and quiet while I was away:heehee:
I am doing a few stretches for both hips now as feeling a little discomfort over both trochanters - a small price to pay for sleeping on the motorhome bed :snork:.
12 weeks tomorrow since my surgery, and apart from a bit of stiffness after sitting for a while, my hip is good!
A friend has lent me a shock absorbing Leki walking pole, and this has been great for my walks while away:hiking:

Hope all the other April Rainbows are progressing well.....

Christine x

Great to hear you are continuing to do well.
Lots of improvement to come!
Hope today is sweet!:tada:

That sounds like a perfect break away. Hopefully the weather was good to you too.

Hi @mollymum :wave:
It's great to read you're doing so well. Thanks for updating.
Your mini vacay sounds fun. Wishing you many more.
Enjoy the Summer! :flwrysmile:

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a lovely week :wave:
@mollymum

Belated thanks,@ Layla, all continues to mend here. I had a busy week looking after my 13 month old grand daughter (with a cold ) last week, and am now off again in Avril the camper for a few days in the south of England. We are in for another mini-heat wave this week so I may come home 'broiled ':rotfl:
Hip in general is feeling good, odd zings still and still some trochanter discomfort over both hips but gentle stretching helps, along with paracetamol and Ibruprophen as needed.
Have a good week,
Christine

Hello, Happy Monday!
Nice to hear from you. I can imagine your 13 mo old granddaughter kept you on your toes.
They are so active at that age, you can barely keep up, but I'll bet you loved it.

We were in a major heat wave here also. It finally broke, but is predicted to return just in time for the weekend. It's good to hear your hip is doing well. Hopefully time will ease any random discomfort you're still dealing with. Stay safe and enjoy your travels!
@mollymum

@mollymum
Lovely to hear your update.

Glad that all going well... enjoy your sojourn in Avril.. if you are anywhere near Chichester/Bognor pop in & grab a cuppa!!

cheers Chrissie xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave:
So glad to hear you are doing well.
Hot summer here but easier to deal with Anything with good hips.:yes:

Lekis are wonderful and I still take mine with me just in case.. Makes me feel comfortable over steep uneven surfaces. Great news about the bath - that is definitely a milestone. I think 3 months out you are doing very well! The motorhome holiday sounds fabulous.. Good that you are still stretching too.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope your Recovery and Summer continue to go well.
Pop in and say Hi once in awhile. We love hearing from our peeps!
@mollymum

Thanks @Layla, I'm just back from 10 days away in my little RV, with friends for 4 days and 'pleasing myself' for the rest of the days :loll:I visited the jurasic coast in Dorset in the south of the UK, an area I had never been to, and it was most enjoyable, lovely breezy sunny weather most days, and only one rainy one!
Now I'm home and tidied up, I probably need to rest a bit as I've developed trochanteric bursitis in my 'other' hip :unsure:
I guess lying on it duiring surgery for 2+ hours didn't help as I remember waking up and thinking that hip hurt more than the operated one! Since then it has bothered me off and on, usually after I've been bending a lot, so I'm going to arrange to get a cortisone shot from GP/OS very shortly.
All is well with 'new' hip :flwrysmile:

:hi: Happy Sunday!
You sure have been enjoying yourself in the motorhome. Good for you!
I'll bet the coast was breathtaking and exciting. It sounds like the weather cooperated for the most part also. I'm sorry you're dealing with the Trochanteric Bursitis in your non op hip. I hope the injection brings you speedy and long lasting relief.
Stay in touch and enjoy the rest of the season! :SUNsmile:
@mollymum

Five months today....woohoo :yay: Happy Anniversary!
I hope you've had a nice month and you're still doing well.
If you stop by please leave an update. We'd love to hear of your latest adventures.
Take Care :)
@mollymum

Thank, @Layla I've still got a little trochanter bursitis pain (in both hips now!!) but its not long now until I have the first one injected with steroids, and I will ask the GP about the other one, then. I'm also going to get back to some core exercises and try and lose some weight!
I continue to enjoy a few days away in my campervan each month, and am back to my babysitiing a couple of days a week while my daughter works. The weather here in the UK (at least here on the east coast where I am) continues to have warm-ish sunny days but the evenings are beginning to feel quite autumnal, so that might stop my trips until the spring.
Wishing everone health and healing,
Chris

Well...it's been six months..Happy Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and the bursitis has improved. Drop us an update when you have time.
Would love to hear from you.
Wishing you a beautiful Autumn and a few memorable camping trips.
@mollymum

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom